SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

10 10 in the bb.. call or shove?

joeyceee

SPS Chips : 10

10 10 in the bb.. call or shove? Empty 10 10 in the bb.. call or shove?

Post  joeyceee Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:59 am

mtt 3k (192) 15 left.. bl 1500/3000.. anti 500...7 players.... me((23k)bb 10s 10d
    3rd to act(43k) calls
    everyone else folds...I thought only option was to check or shove given the relative size of my stack? but considering his weak call and my hand I pushed all in.... he called and showed 10h Kh and hit a flush on the river...I know he won but I think it was a poor call on his part... he had been quiet and had seen me push all in a few times... but at the business end is that not the play?...another guy on the table commented..wd to him and said this is 1 bet table mate..am I missing something... your thoughts please?
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

10 10 in the bb.. call or shove? Empty Re: 10 10 in the bb.. call or shove?

Post  phinnies1 Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:42 pm

Joey

This is an absolute no brainer shove, he is obviously a weak player limp calling shoves is about as bad as it gets with this type of holding.
    Simple maths, bb/call/sb/antes = 11k which is an addition of around 46% to your stack, you will get the shove through 85% of the time the rest of the time when you are called, of 10 times you will be ahead 7, flipping twice and dominated once or thereabouts.

This is as easy as a shove gets. Just unlucky to find one of the miriad of 2 by 4s.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:01 pm

if youve got 10bb+, ie 30k or more, then you have a choice to play it differently, but in this situ i think it has to be a shove, 100%. idiotic call btw, but hey, you of taken the call if you could see his hand, just one of them things.

and as nick says, limp calling shoves with K10 is pretty much as bad as it gets.
    JunkStar
    JunkStar

SPS Chips : 4

Post  JunkStar Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Pushing i think is deffo the way in this position, and i really hate the villains call, maybe its me but fat calling with k10 soooooooted that stage in the tourny is a way to get busted or drip chips.

In my opinion, and im no expert
    bilthebandit

SPS Chips : 14

Post  bilthebandit Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:33 am

Dont think there is any dispute about "the poor call" nor your shove.

Of course if he had raised to 3 BBs the senario changes completely as he then has got a legitimate call ,certainly would,ve made your decision intresting.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:32 am