SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

3 posters

defending your blinds

irishboy296

SPS Chips : 84
    Favourite hand : 7 2 offsuit

defending your blinds Empty defending your blinds

Post  irishboy296 Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:05 pm

i have a question for all you pros out there
    what range of hands do y`all defend your blinds with to small/mid raises?
    not initial stages but when blinds /antes get juicy
    advice would be a big help
    geordieneil
    geordieneil

SPS Chips : 332
    Favourite hand : aces are u fookin stupid

defending your blinds Empty Re: defending your blinds

Post  geordieneil Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:00 pm

defending your blinds too aggressively is a sure fire way of bleeding chips off, pick ur spots and players and hands wisely . don't 3 bet light to a station/donk/muppet/wildrick Wink

on the other hand if you let them go everytime the c/o or button will be stealing 90% of the time.

mix your defending up somewhat....i try to make a stand early to let them know i won't stand for chit, and quite often u will be left alone.

MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:39 am

geordieneil wrote:defending your blinds too aggressively is a sure fire way of bleeding chips off, pick ur spots and players and hands wisely . don't 3 bet light to a station/donk/muppet/wildrick Wink

on the other hand if you let them go everytime the c/o or button will be stealing 90% of the time.

mix your defending up somewhat....i try to make a stand early to let them know i won't stand for chit, and quite often u will be left alone.

When ever someone makes a stand early vs me I automatically assume this is what they're doing and just do it again the very next chance. I do admit though that it puts many people off doing it again.

With regards to the OP's question; I don't think there's any one answer for it. It's so table-dynamic dependant not to mention your own stack size and hopes and aims at that point.

As a purely statistical question though, and if you're having to defend - I like to do it with hands than stand up well. I don't like K5 or A6 etc. I much prefer QJ or 109 or 56 etc. as I'm much less likely to be dominated.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:24 pm