SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
danowski69
geminis
Sir Ris-a-Lot
7 posters

new member . . . . . hi!

Sir Ris-a-Lot
    Sir Ris-a-Lot

SPS Chips : 5
    Favourite hand : AA or 89s

new member . . . . . hi! Empty new member . . . . . hi!

Post  Sir Ris-a-Lot Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:20 am

hi there, i've just joined sps and just thought i'd say hi to everyone. i was directed here by someone in the chatbox @ stars, it turns out a random pic i took from google images for my stars avatar is actually the logo for this site lol. anyway i guess im here mostly to learn, atm i am playing mainly the 4.40 180's with small success at 500-600 games played in the last month or so but im starting to feel my game slipping away so i need to do somthing about that. i guess i'll be seeing you all in the strat section soon lol

HI!
    geminis
    geminis

SPS Chips : 208

new member . . . . . hi! Empty Re: new member . . . . . hi!

Post  geminis Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:41 am

cheers Welcome!blimey your up early for a poker player Laughing You can find lots of articals that could help you on the main site. Do you play any other sites?, how long have you been playing?
    danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

Post  danowski69 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi and welcome.

Good luck at the tables.

Tell us a little about yourself.

king
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:39 pm

geminis wrote: cheers Welcome!blimey your up early for a poker player Laughing You can find lots of articals that could help you on the main site. Do you play any other sites?, how long have you been playing?
    Early? 7am till 2am after last nights win, then work at 8am today....Hardcore me tha knows duck :-)
    Sir Ris-a-Lot
    Sir Ris-a-Lot

Post  Sir Ris-a-Lot Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:15 pm

geminis wrote: cheers Welcome!blimey your up early for a poker player Laughing You can find lots of articals that could help you on the main site. Do you play any other sites?, how long have you been playing?

up early? i didn't go 'down' lol i pretty much sleep during the day and play overnight (or play day and night!) the op was just after i got knocked out of a donkament on stars - got it all in on the turn w/ 2pair called by pair and flush draw....those dam hearts! woulda been 2nd in chips out of 17 but i busto in 18th place Sad gg me.

hmmm the sites i play @ ....
    stars: x ris x
    tilt: c_brwn
    ub: roll_deep

have played many more but these are the sites i've stuck to. i've been playing for about 3-4 years now and feel that in the last few months my games at its peak but theres plenty more where that came from!
    Sir Ris-a-Lot
    Sir Ris-a-Lot

Post  Sir Ris-a-Lot Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:29 pm

danowski69 wrote:Hi and welcome.

Good luck at the tables.

Tell us a little about yourself.

king

well, im 23, unemployed( i worked at tesco for FIVE YEARS until a few montha ago i was like F this im outta here lol) im living with my mum and step dad and am grinding the 180's so i can rent a house with me girlfriend but i seem to have been slipping the last few days which isnt good. <thats actually one of the reasons im here, i feel im going to take a nice 3hr coaching session with one of the site mentors. all i want out of life is to be able to play mtt's for a living and have a nice house so i can start a family and have loads of pets lol.

can sombody tell me the username of the sites owner/mods so i can ask which coach would be better suited to up my 180 game? thanks all feeling welcomed allready
    geordieneil
    geordieneil

SPS Chips : 332
    Favourite hand : aces are u fookin stupid

Post  geordieneil Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:37 pm

hi mate, its me who you met on stars the other night.

welcome to the site.

there are quite a few good players on here that will gladly help analyse certain hands, just post em and you will get good honest answers of how u played the hand.

i thought you played quite well the other day, maybe ur confidence has took a hit and you are worrying about nothing. you over played a couple of hands,,,, but we are all guilty of that Wink

advice on playing full time.......its very tough to earn enough money playing poker full time and pay the bills,less than 5% of poker players actually make a regular profit.... you need at least a 5 figure bankroll before you can comfortably do what you are planning. for the time being i would stick to the $4.40/180's if you are making a profit at them. when you have enough built up move up to the $11 180's or 90's.....if things go bad move back down. bankroll management is very important, esp if u plan to pay bills out of your bankroll too. try and find a part time job to cover your living expenses until you feel you've built up enough of a bankroll and improved your game to a standard ready to play for a living. but i warn you in advance, its a rollercoaster ride, so many up's and downs

as far as mtt's go, its far more difficult to make a living from these than it was 3-5 years ago, esp on pokerstars....great site but terrible payout structures...for arguements sake i have played 60 mtt's on stars in the last 4 days i have made the money 15 times which is quite high and i'm losing..basically coz i'm getting raped as soon as i hit the cash lol.......on stars the money is too top heavy for the big field small buy ins and pittence for most other cashes, i rely on trying to break even(ish) until my next win, which i class as my profit.

another good bit of advice if you were planning on playing full time, is find a site that gives you rake back...rakeback can make the diffence of a profit or a loss over a given time period.

i will pm you some more advice on rakeback.

a couple hours mentoring on here could well make the diffence for you if you feel you need it, wildrick looks after the low buy in mentoring, i sent him a message the other day but the poof hasnt replied YES YOU RICK.

hope this helps

geordieneil

ps danowski is a sound bloke but dont listen to his pha advice lol...hi dan Wink
    CARNIVORE04
    CARNIVORE04

SPS Chips : 1377

Post  CARNIVORE04 Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:03 am

welcome trolls
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:16 am

hehe hi Sir Ris-a-lot, and welcome to the site!

Do you use any hand tracking / stats software? eg Hold'em manager, pokertracker, etc

Do you play any of the "european" sites? Microgaming, ongame, ipoker, etc

I've sharkscoped your stars alias, nice stats, there's a few points I'd look at, so I'll send you a pm in a mo Wink
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 am

geordieneil wrote:hi mate, its me who you met on stars the other night.

welcome to the site.

there are quite a few good players on here that will gladly help analyse certain hands, just post em and you will get good honest answers of how u played the hand.

i thought you played quite well the other day, maybe ur confidence has took a hit and you are worrying about nothing. you over played a couple of hands,,,, but we are all guilty of that Wink

advice on playing full time.......its very tough to earn enough money playing poker full time and pay the bills,less than 5% of poker players actually make a regular profit.... you need at least a 5 figure bankroll before you can comfortably do what you are planning. for the time being i would stick to the $4.40/180's if you are making a profit at them. when you have enough built up move up to the $11 180's or 90's.....if things go bad move back down. bankroll management is very important, esp if u plan to pay bills out of your bankroll too. try and find a part time job to cover your living expenses until you feel you've built up enough of a bankroll and improved your game to a standard ready to play for a living. but i warn you in advance, its a rollercoaster ride, so many up's and downs

as far as mtt's go, its far more difficult to make a living from these than it was 3-5 years ago, esp on pokerstars....great site but terrible payout structures...for arguements sake i have played 60 mtt's on stars in the last 4 days i have made the money 15 times which is quite high and i'm losing..basically coz i'm getting raped as soon as i hit the cash lol.......on stars the money is too top heavy for the big field small buy ins and pittence for most other cashes, i rely on trying to break even(ish) until my next win, which i class as my profit.

another good bit of advice if you were planning on playing full time, is find a site that gives you rake back...rakeback can make the diffence of a profit or a loss over a given time period.

i will pm you some more advice on rakeback.

a couple hours mentoring on here could well make the diffence for you if you feel you need it, wildrick looks after the low buy in mentoring, i sent him a message the other day but the poof hasnt replied YES YOU RICK.

hope this helps

geordieneil

ps danowski is a sound bloke but dont listen to his pha advice lol...hi dan Wink

Pha advice? whats that?

I am sound, but as Geordie says dont listen to me, im too new to poker (A yr now) and dont play for the same reasons as most people (to make a nice living) i play for fun and have taken the advice given by these guys seriously as THEY know what they are talking about, so listen and use it wisely.

However if u want a serious debate on anything else ill get the wife to answer it for ya lol

Oh and hi Neil :-) lol
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:04 pm

welcome to a fellow 3rd eye in the forhead suffolk player

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 pm