SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

stupid or ul?

ruud
    ruud

SPS Chips : 66

stupid or ul? Empty stupid or ul?

Post  ruud Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 am

Hi all, my first hand post, so go easy on me...

closed the table cos i was so annoyed with myself, so dont have the hand history, but i will put the little pics in if i can work em lol

19 left in 120 odd runner $20 mtt, 2k starting stack, so avg 12k, I've got 23k, sitting about 6th/5th.

bb 800, but going up soon. Quite a few biggish stacks on my table (like 7 of us over 13k, and 4 of us over 20) and a few shorties. We are the full 10 seat.

folds to loose guy in late pos (5 folded), table chippy with 29k, who makes it 2k, he's been raising quite often.

very tight guy (26k) (only played 3 hands in last hour) flat calls in cutoff.

My button, 8d 5d soooted, sb has 8k, bb 17k.

my thinking now...

loose guy has huge range for opening.

tight guy has only played 3 hands, but all of them he reraised pre (AA and KK he min reraised a mn raise, and QQ he shipped all in and showed). If he had a monster he surely reraises.

I can reraise here, picking up 2000+2000+ blinds and antes = 6k. If i get repopped by anyone other than sb i can insta fold easy. Lose guy has fck all prob, tight guy prob doesnt have premium and is really tight... I havent played many hands recently. If sb ships i have to call, but hey ho, its not too much more.

i can make it about 6k, still have 17k back, and only k more to call if sb ships.

So all in all, perfect spot for a squeeze thing.

so with 6k in pot and basically 2 blinds to get through i make it 6.5k.

Blinds both insta fold, happy days. loose guy is having a think tho. but he folds. just rock to get through. Rock gives it the timebank, and then calls, bah.

But flop comes 8h 5s 3c !! cheers

so pot 20k, lovely,

i have 17k ish, he has 19k. I dont really know what to put him on, but nevermind, ive got top two.

He checks, i think no point messing around and ship them all in, mbe he has 1010 ish, dont want scare overcard to comedown.

he insta calls with 8s 8c

obv im out.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

so simply.... Is this my own stupid fault? Or was it just a particularly annoying flop? Looking back now, i had no real need to get involved, i had a nice stack and no reason to lose it all with 5 8.

But also looking back, both blinds and loose guy folded easy, and to be honest id expected very tight guy to fold 22-99. Could I of played it, but differently and not gone out? 6 months ago id of never done that, and coasted to final table, ive been trying to be more aggressive after a succession of 5ths-20ths. but mbe 6 monts ago i wouldnt of got the stack in the first place.

Any thoughts welcome, i can take it haha.
    scott
    scott

SPS Chips : 774

stupid or ul? Empty Re: stupid or ul?

Post  scott Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:18 am

i'm definitely no pro m8, but at that stage & the stack u had i'd of chucked 'em pre. Shocked ul too tho.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:12 pm

hi ruud

Nice post.

Its very easy to glance at this and say yup, shouldnt be in the hand at all.

But you cant just sit round and wait for hands all the time, youve got to play a bit, and this also helps you get paid off when you do pick up premiums.

Firstly, it sounds like youve been paying attention to the table - good start

secondly youve got some information on the 2 people who have already entered the pot.

thirdly you've given a decent amount of thought to what you were doing, and why, and also thought past your play to what you'll do in the face of your opponents actions.

If any of your opponents (2 entered, 2 blinds) have got 12-15k kind of range you're going to be faced with a lot more arkward decisions later in the hand possibly, such as whether to call theyre all in shove pre or on a flop if they flat.

The main problem i see is that the tight player has entered the pot - he could easily have a premium, and just be playing it differently.

Overall tho, i think youve picked a good time to make a move here, against good sized stacks, and with a good hand. i wouldnt be doing this with A10 sooted, but 8 5 is so easy to get away from if it does go wrong. youve thought about it, and youre not just blindly chucking chips in. There arent many ways you're going to go broke on this hand, apart from what happened.

Once youve gone for it and been called, and the flop has come down that, then its all over really. i dont see you getting away from it at all.

you could argue that the all in is a bit strong, what if he has AK AQs AJs etc, you could give him a chance to catch up, but its obv not going to make a difference to the outcome of this hand.

end of the day youve thought through the hand, made a nearly well timed move, and got slapped in the face by a set up flop, thems the breaks.
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:40 am

Just ul ruud, as ric said the only way youre losing all your chips is if that happens
    ruud
    ruud

SPS Chips : 66

Post  ruud Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:28 am

cheers guys appreciated ric nice reply
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

Post  phinnies1 Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:32 am

I love the tought process, I love the play, just an unfortunate result, you have to build slowly and steadily with little risk and this is the perfect way to do it. This play gets through so often. The flat call from the player behind the raise looks exactly what it is, a small to mid pp and he really should fold to the rr, he will be out of posn on the flop so he is effectively calling for a 2 outer (maybe not so tight after all)
    I totally agree with the ship on the flop, there are plenty of chips in the pot and we dont want an over pair catching a pair on the board to counterfeit.

Interested to know what you plan to do if you dont catch your gin flop however, lets say it comes A92? Do you ship anyway or make a weaker lead which keeps you still in the game if your opponent comes over the top?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:38 pm