SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

sick day imo (garf included)

Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

sick day imo (garf included) Empty sick day imo (garf included)

Post  Overated Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:24 pm

another day finished grinding the ipoker doubleups

ave stake was $27 but played a few 50's/100/200

pretty dismal day imo as i made very little $ in relation to hours spent

i suppose rb does help a bit Rolling Eyes

**(edit- not sure why it wont show the whole graph but total games played was 180(9tabling) with a $100 profit)**

sick day imo (garf included) Todaysssssssgarf
    geminis
    geminis

SPS Chips : 208

sick day imo (garf included) Empty Re: sick day imo (garf included)

Post  geminis Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:12 pm

Been trying the Stt thing myself on ipoker and finding it hard to have solid results, not on your scale by anyway but still having a bad few days makes me feel rubbish. grrrrrrrrrr
    I also dont play many double ups, I would like to know what your opinion is on them, do you find hem more profitable than a normal stt?, is it because you want to play so many at a time u find these are easier to cash in? or is it more that you want to do that volume in games in a day that they are your preferance?, is the rake back worth playing that many rather than considering the payout for normal stt?. Sorry for the quiz just wanting to learn study
    sngmentor

SPS Chips : 0

Post  sngmentor Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:22 pm

ok ill do my best to speak some sense.

Doubleups are low variance games because obviously half of the field will cash, however for players who understand how to take advantage of sng's and play around the bubble they are most likely going to result in a much lower roi.

This is because Aggressive players will be able to win many standard sng's and get a huge return on their investment when they win (355% roi), which more than compensates for the times you do not cash.. but in a double up if you win your roi is only 82%, and thus u have to win 11 out of every 20 games just to break even.

If you were playing amature players in doubleup's then they would be excellent low risk low return games, as you wouldnt understand the strategy, which isnt to win the most chips - but it to survive. On most sites though many people play doubleups for rakeback purposes, and might multitable - so they understand sng strategy aswell as you - so especially with them being turbo's they become crapshoots.

Stick to the normal speed sng's imho, as normally 4 people will commit suicide while you fold and preserve your stack... Then you are effectively playing a 6 person sng, with 3 people paid anyway - with lots of added value.

Omaha Doubles are good value however because noone knows how to play, so you can make very good low risk profits on these I have found (im now running at 16% roi, although this was at 36% after 100 games)

glglgl
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:29 pm

think the above message sums it up as good as anyone could

yes i do it mainly for rb but will be moving to normal sngs soon or else cash as making a life from rb can be easy yes and quite profitable if you play the high volume like myself but its a drag tbh doing it every day
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:31 am

**(edit- not sure why it wont show the whole graph but total games played was 180(9tabling) with a $100 profit)**

PT3 rightclick the graph and select filters then change the x:y data field
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:45 am

Evo397bhp wrote:**(edit- not sure why it wont show the whole graph but total games played was 180(9tabling) with a $100 profit)**

PT3 rightclick the graph and select filters then change the x:y data field

Think overated means that when he first posted it the graph was much larger and half of it was chopped off. Had a good look at this, and spoke to support, and it appears to be some kind of problem theyre trying to fix with auto resizing of pictures. Luckily overated is a clever chap and resized it and reposted it lol.

They dont let a picture overlap the right hand edge of the frame because large pictures affect the speed with which the page loads, meaning someone can spam 20 huge pics and really mess up a thread. It should resize it automatically, but theres some kind of problem as i can't even edit the post and resize it with the image tag myself ( [img(a,b)]...[/img] , [img=axb]...[/img] , and [img size="axb"]...[/img] all don't work No

However the forum does have a gallery option which i have yet to configure, allowing larger picture sizes in a seprate section, so event photos, etc will be possible.
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:43 am

Think overated means that when he first posted it the graph was much larger and half of it was chopped off. Luckily overated is a clever chap.

the above is all correct

how do i resize it tho or can it not be done yet? there is a big wasted space to the lft side i would have thought there was someway of using that
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:05 am

Overated wrote:
    how do i resize it tho or can it not be done yet? there is a big wasted space to the lft side i would have thought there was someway of using that

Can't be done at the moment - I've tried all the code i can think of and it wont resize it. Hopefully it will just do it automatically soon.

However, wherever you host it prob has options to resize it, and if you host it on here (the button next to insert image) then it offers you the choice to resize it when you upload it. 640px is a bit wide but good enough for most.

The space on the left hand side isnt always so big - towards the top of the page its taken up by recent topics and news, and the other part is where the username/avatar goes, so theyd have to start lower, and would leave lots of spare lines.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:07 pm