SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

AJ - could I of played it better?

LuckyChuck
    LuckyChuck

SPS Chips : 117

AJ - could I of played it better? Empty AJ - could I of played it better?

Post  LuckyChuck Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:30 am

hi all

On a final table last night, 9 left, and i was average stack ish, with about 55k, bb 6k. antes are 5400 total i think.

My bb, AhJh

Table chippy is fairly active, and when it folds to him in the cutoff he makes it 13.5k total.

folds to me, I think his range is pretty wide, and ship it all in, for about half his stack.

He thinks for a while and calls with 6c6d

Flop comes AcQsJd , but he hits the 6s on the turn and i'm out.

Not really a badbeat, just a flip, but should I have played it differently? I felt like if i just flat call pre i win the pot?
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

AJ - could I of played it better? Empty Re: AJ - could I of played it better?

Post  wildrick Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:12 pm

With the information given it seems like a sensible shove to me, just ul he made the call with 66. You made a strong move and put the decision back on him.

Incidentally, i dont think you do win the hand if you flat call, as you're very unlikely to bet out on such a great flop. You'd check almost 100% there, and chances are 66 checks behind, then the 6 hits anyway and youre still gone.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:18 am

Agree with ric here cant see you getting away from this flop being raindow as well..

Cooler
    Rude And Rich

SPS Chips : 2

Post  Rude And Rich Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:36 am

Yea that's a very unfortunate hand.. I wouldnt try to think too much about getting different results on how the hand played out, you just got unlucky. But I honestly would have flat called, And I ALWAYS Continuation Bet Heads Up. So Maybe You Could Have Taken It Down There. But thats just me. or if it goes "check, check" and the "6" comes say he doesnt go all in or anything drastic you just "call" and the river comes a straight card "King" or "10" then maybe you can get away from it with "4" cards to a straight even thought your opponent held a set.. But overall you were just Unlucky and this would probably have happened 95% of the time to 95% of all poker players.. *Rude*
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi rudeandrich - welcome

just a note on what u said tho - you would of flat called, and then continuation bet? Fair enough continuation bet after you've raised 100%, its not a bad tactic, but betting 100% of flops after flat calling there is fairly mental lol. and calling it a continuation bet is a bit crazy to lol.
    Rude And Rich

SPS Chips : 2

AJ - could I of played it better? Empty Reply to Wildric

Post  Rude And Rich Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:51 pm

Indeed I didnt notice the way I explain it as a C-BET until after I posted it and noticed it didnt sound right ...lol but I think he kinda sorta got what I mean.. my whole point was I get drawn out on more than ANY OTHER POKER PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!..LOL so I've learned to be able to put players on a range of hands, so when I get in a situation when I flop 2paid (top 2 at that) I want to take it down.. In todays game with aggression and players drawing so much 2pair is equal to what 1 pair was worth in the 80's lol because I've had my 2pair demolished in previous situations by sets and straights countless times. so the sudden agression on the 6 is telling me set (not 100% of the time not even 77% of the time..lol) but sorry for the mix up i did catch it..
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:15 pm

no worries lol, just sounded strange calling it a c-bet!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:44 am