SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+2
Chipped
Davejacks
6 posters

lol im a muppet :)

Davejacks

SPS Chips : 53

lol im a muppet :) Empty lol im a muppet :)

Post  Davejacks Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:52 pm

$30 10 man turbo, 8 left, im going ok, with 2.5k (1.5k startin).

8 9 soooted in mid pos, bb 100, folded to me, i make it 250.

SB calls.

flop 6 7 Q , he bets 200 into 650 pot, with 1k left behind, so i push him all in.

He calls, turns over 2 2, and I hit a 9 on the turn to take him out.

He then calls me a muppet, saying he knew i had nothing.

I did point out i was ahead, but he was having none of it lol.

cant believe he called, as id only played 2 hands, both monsters, but to then kick off and call me a muppet, lol funny as fck Smile
    Chipped
    Chipped

SPS Chips : 134
    Favourite hand : Posh dog (k9 suited)

lol im a muppet :) Empty Re: lol im a muppet :)

Post  Chipped Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:04 pm

lol! lol! lol!

muppet hide
    KunkuWap
    KunkuWap
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 47

Post  KunkuWap Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:25 am

It's actually interesting hand because I don't personally think you should really be opening that hand in a stt with those stacks. I am assuming the players behind you had various stack sizes around the 1k mark. You are giving them an easy spot to go all in and try to pick up the 400 chips in the middle, thus increasing their stack by 40% without a showdown. You can't realistically call with 89ss although you might have to given the price.

You should be folding this hand.

Once the flop develops it's obviously the correct play and a horrendous play by him. If he played it correctly and shoved preflop it gives you a tough spot and increases his chances of improving his stack significantly without any risk, and if called, is in good shape for a double up.

cheers
    Davejacks

SPS Chips : 53

Post  Davejacks Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:32 pm

thanks kunku, appreciated! Points taken.

I remember thinking when i raised that there was one person id have to call, as he only had 700 odd, but the rest were all over 1.2k so was probably folding to them. Agree with you tho, it was a sketchy raise, just made me laugh that he called me a muppet.

After playing 22 like that, if i'm a muppet what does that make him? lol
    LuckyChuck
    LuckyChuck

SPS Chips : 117

Post  LuckyChuck Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:54 am

well you made a slightly muppety raise, cosing you a couple of hundred. He made a very muppety bet+all-in-call for his whole stack. lol
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:17 am

im with kunk here - sketchy open, but awful play by oppo after that, lol, mbe he put you on 2 3....
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:08 am

wildrick wrote:im with kunk here - sketchy open, but awful play by oppo after that, lol, mbe he put you on 2 3....

Do you really think he put him on anything? do the oppos ever put you on anything? In my opinion we analyse opponents play too much sometimes without knowing their environment. They could be drunk, in a mood, just fallen out with the missus, loaded and looking to gamble, very novice and thinking they have better than they have - a whole host of things.

As for Kunks analysis, I suppose this depends on stack sizes, the fact it's an STT and other such things, because I'd have done exactly the same as Dave. Mayhap that's why I'm a loser!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:56 am