SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

3 posters

smaller stakes h/u play

fluffb
    fluffb

SPS Chips : 368

smaller stakes h/u play Empty smaller stakes h/u play

Post  fluffb Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:34 am

im talkin tornies up to about 20 bucks now.

when plrs get h/u why do they suddenly think stickin all there 100 bb in the middle pre flop with hands like qj or 89 suited or is a good idea.

i see lots of plrs play good poker for the whole final table only to get h/u and suddenly go beserk.

i mean like last night, i get to the final 3 of a tornie ( im the short stack tho ) and the play is quite good. 3 handed lasted about 15-20mins

i get knocked out in 3rd, then the second hand h/u both plrs aip with 66 vs tj.

i struggle with there way of thinking as they been playin for 4 1/2 hours and the diff from 1st to 2nd place is well worth havin ( as with most tornies ).
    why suddenly such a gamble.

thing is its not an uncommon thing to happen

i can only think most smaller stake plrs dont like h/u play.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

smaller stakes h/u play Empty Re: smaller stakes h/u play

Post  wildrick Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:26 am

fluffb wrote:
    i can only think most smaller stake plrs dont like h/u play.

either they dont like it or they arent very good at it.

Also, for the rest of the tournament and especially the final table they've had that thing in the back of their mind that says - "If i do this, i could go out now" which kind of prevents them from doing a lot of stupid reckless moves. They have patience because there's always someone else who might go out first.

However heads up theres none of this, the whole mentality of the game changes, and there's nobody else who can go out before them, except if they take out the other guy.

Oh and theyve also spent the last 5 years hearing people on tv and in magazines tell them that hu play is different, and they need to be more aggressive. So either they get all their chips over the line first, or they see the other guy do it and think "well he's just being more aggressive, so im calling with my marginal hand"
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:18 am

I think a lot of players at this level change their style of play as soon as they get to the final table and not just when it comes to HU play.

The trend seems to be that they will play tightish till the bubble has passed and feel their job is done so to speak ("I've made the money!!")and they loosen up as soon as the final table starts.

Don't forget that not many donks and fish make FT's so they have no clue how to play them when they get there! Many times they have outdrawn to get to the FT with marginal hands so they are poss still in the mindset that that is how you have to play to win.

Don't know if you agree or any others do but hey there's my 10 cents worth.

Have a good day and gl at the tables.

rock on

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:06 am