SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

Last 3rd of the game

danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

Last 3rd of the game Empty Last 3rd of the game

Post  danowski69 Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:05 am

Hi guys, help and advice needed pleasssssssssssssse!

I regularly play laddies, £5 high stack, 5000 starting chips

out of lets say 70 players i can make it to the last 20 and many times the last ten, avg about 25,000 chips

My question is, why do i crumble at this stage?? i never get a decent hand to play with, no face cards or pairs, and when people with big stacks throw in 1200 raises, i cant play, then the blinds get me and sooner or later im forced to all in with nothing!

where am i going wrong? any advice? or quit now and save my pocket money? :-)

TODAY IS OFFICIALLY THE END OF THE RECESSION, MAYBE LADDIES WILL DO ME A FAVOUR AND LET ME CASH OUT LOL

P.S i have made 1st, 3 times, 3rd/4th/8th other times, but recently i feel scared to play and risk my chips??

HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP
    bugle boy

SPS Chips : 31

Last 3rd of the game Empty Re: Last 3rd of the game

Post  bugle boy Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:50 am

Danny2809 wrote:Hi guys, help and advice needed pleasssssssssssssse!

I regularly play laddies, £5 high stack, 5000 starting chips

out of lets say 70 players i can make it to the last 20 and many times the last ten, avg about 25,000 chips

My question is, why do i crumble at this stage?? i never get a decent hand to play with, no face cards or pairs, and when people with big stacks throw in 1200 raises, i cant play, then the blinds get me and sooner or later im forced to all in with nothing!

try not to let monkey play your hands and with only a few to go try fking folding until the cash also it pays to let the big stacks play if you are short stack and just climb the ladder

where am i going wrong? any advice? or quit now and save my pocket money? :-)

TODAY IS OFFICIALLY THE END OF THE RECESSION, MAYBE LADDIES WILL DO ME A FAVOUR AND LET ME CASH OUT LOL

P.S i have made 1st, 3 times, 3rd/4th/8th other times, but recently i feel scared to play and risk my chips??

HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:33 am

With regard your point in last 1/3rd of MTT's Danny it helps to remember that it was your own solid play (hopefully) that took you down to the end game of the tournie.

Have some faith in the way you played to reach that point. Also, when it comes down to the last couple of tables I usually like to open up both (if not heavily multi tabling) and watch the way the guys who I may meet in the FT are playing.

Stack size is clearly important when it gets towards the end so this will determine how, and against who, you play most of your hands. Examine table dynamics especially guys whose blinds you will be attacking as when the blinds increase, along with ante's, this becomes a good source of income.

Also if there is (and there usually is) a guy who is hitting everything but is clearly not a great player then it would be silly to try and nick his blinds without holding some serious cards.

Sizing of your bets is crucial at this point also as if they are too small you will be in trouble to a re raise and if too large you scare away your customer.

There will hopefully be more comments from guys a lot more qualified than myself which will help you a bit more but I hope this gives you a nudge in the right direction m8.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:42 am

two things to start with... 1. youve won this tournament before, so believe in yourself a little more, and dont be afraid to play hands as you say. 2. if youre bubbling a lot, coming 10th, 9th , 8th etc, then theres no point worrying about playing hands as what difference will it make if you mess it up - youve been going out there anyway. Lack of confidence is a killer. if you go into the latter stages thinking its all going to go wrong, then invariably your play will suffer and it will go wrong.

Towards the later stages of games Im not looking so much for hands (tho its always nice to pick some up lol), but more towards situations and spots where i can use my stack.

Pay close attention to how people play at this stage, who folds to reraises, who always Cbets, and importantly who doesnt. Concentrate more on position, as the blinds go up and pots get bigger this can be vital for picking up relatively uncontested hands. In general in later stages - call less, raise and reraise more.

Also, the best stacks to play hands against when you have average stack are those with a similar stack to yourself - they have the most to lose by playing a pot badly against you.

All the best with it, and look forward to seeing your win in the brags section soon cheers
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:11 am

The comments u made there rick sound spot, the confidence has dropped, but hopefully ill regain the skills and its up from here, just to add, in last nights survivor contest, 23 mins from the end i was ripped to 900 chips, needless to say i finished 1ST I REPEAT 1ST lol with 28k chips! hehe the boy is on a comeback

peace out bruvva :-)
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:57 am

2 things danny my m8... patience and confidence.

How goes it, any joy recently?
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:01 am

Hey up m8, no joy as of late, but ive been pink lint so not had the cash to play, however ive just deposited this morning so a cuppa tea, patience and a bit of skill and lets see who it goes :-)

im on danny2809 now on laddies, so add me on that one too m8 :-)

peace out

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:32 am