SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+2
khenny
frustratedwithsuckouts
6 posters

just to prove i can play (a bit)

frustratedwithsuckouts

SPS Chips : 27

just to prove i can play (a bit) Empty just to prove i can play (a bit)

Post  frustratedwithsuckouts Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:44 am

last night came second in the £200 added on Will Hill

went into heads up leading and played some awful HU..

ah well...

P.s. Rick enjoyed the Blackpool post - interesting to see the ranges you go in with (and call raises too)

i would imagine you are more likely to call with 85s than say A8s - is this true?

also tried to find the game on ladbrokes poker but sasdly i must be a muppet.....

Si
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

just to prove i can play (a bit) Empty Re: just to prove i can play (a bit)

Post  khenny Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:50 am

Nice cash m8 wd.

The forum game can be found by going to Tournaments. Once in there, near the bottom (in fact I think it's at the very bottom) there is a tab marked "private". Click on there and we are in there. Hope to see you in the game on Sunday. Gl at the tables.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:45 am

frustratedwithsuckouts wrote:last night came second in the £200 added on Will Hill

ah well...

P.s. Rick enjoyed the Blackpool post - interesting to see the ranges you go in with (and call raises too)

i would imagine you are more likely to call with 85s than say A8s - is this true?

also tried to find the game on ladbrokes poker but sasdly i must be a muppet.....

Si

Well done sir, nice cash, heads up is a tricky thing at the best of times, but more often than not at the end of an mtt it's quite luck based with large bbs. I try and slow it down as much as possible, unless my opponent is really tight, in which case its raising time Smile

And yes, my ranges are quite wide live, there's far less preflop 3betting and shoving in a decent size live game, so you can get away with it more than in online, although given large starting stacks and a good table you can pull it off online quite well too....

Yup, 8s5s was an easier (and better imo) call than A8, A5, K10, KJ in this spot, as I was banking on two live cards, rather than being dominated. his range was easily wide enough to include a lot of 2 overcards hands, given my opening range, so it seemed a fairly good spot odds wise.

And no mupptery involvded in the laddies game - it's under tournaments and then private, rather than straight under private games...

gl on the tables, and good cards to you Smile
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

Post  the hoooders Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:29 am

wp sir nice cash,and hope to see you in forum game sunday gl at the tbls
    good job good job
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:09 am

wildrick wrote:
    frustratedwithsuckouts wrote:last night came second in the £200 added on Will Hill

ah well...

Si

Well done sir, nice cash, heads up is a tricky thing at the best of times, but more often than not at the end of an mtt it's quite luck based with large bbs. I try and slow it down as much as possible, unless my opponent is really tight, in which case its raising time Smile

And yes, my ranges are quite wide live, there's far less preflop 3betting and shoving in a decent size live game, so you can get away with it more than in online, although given large starting stacks and a good table you can pull it off online quite well too....

Yup, 8s5s was an easier (and better imo) call than A8, A5, K10, KJ in this spot, as I was banking on two live cards, rather than being dominated. his range was easily wide enough to include a lot of 2 overcards hands, given my opening range, so it seemed a fairly good spot odds wise.

And no mupptery involvded in the laddies game - it's under tournaments and then private, rather than straight under private games...

I was going to single parts of this post out in a quote and +1 them - I agree with 95% of it though.

So...

+1
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:01 pm

N1 FWS, gogo! wp!

What a Face

MADV wrote:
    wildrick wrote:

ah well...

Si

I was going to single parts of this post out in a quote and +1 them - I agree with 95% of it though.

So...

+1

a +0.95? Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:37 pm