SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+2
swishtony
wildrick
6 posters

wp banksoir

wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

wp banksoir Empty wp banksoir

Post  wildrick Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:55 pm

wd to Banksoir, great performance in the laddies $50 $10k added, and ul to finish 4th. wpwp m8
    swishtony
    swishtony

SPS Chips : 116

wp banksoir Empty Re: wp banksoir

Post  swishtony Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:59 am

Yep vwp, watched the final table and ul to get outdrawn by rich, think he was Q8 versus your A7 or similar?

Did anyone see the big hand where Rich was deep in and he had to lay down to an all in on the river? Board was something like 84Q2x, the game was about 6 handed and he was 2nd in chips I think (b4 that hand!). Just wondered what he laid down as a few of the railers were saying what a great fold - I guess he must have told them on MSN or something, just wondered what he had there.

I would ask on his forum but for various reasons (another thread altogether for another time!!) I don't want to ask on there!

Cheers

Dave
    Banksoir
    Banksoir
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 50

Post  Banksoir Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:47 am

tyvm

2 key hands I lost with were A7 v bttn push with 89 - hit my 7 on the flop but the 8 came on the turn, couldn't be helped as RicjLiazrd on the button was getting low and obviously was card dead so he had little choice really.

Other hand was when I had 130k blinds 4000/8000 with a 400 ante - I got K8 clubs on the sb so shoved the bb who had 52k stack - 15k in the pot and with K8 am likely to be ahead, anyway he called hois stack with Q6 LOL and said 'I was sick of you stealing' so obviously chose q6 as the ideal hand to defend with heh heh......

But started ft in 9th so happy with $2120.

Cheers again

Banksy Shocked
    swishtony
    swishtony

Post  swishtony Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:51 am

Ah yes, I remember the Q6 hand Shocked

VWP anyways cheers
    richlizard

SPS Chips : 4

Post  richlizard Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Dave, it was possibly the worst played pocket pair in history.

Can't remember the precise hand, but it was a pair of something bigger than 2nd pair. I floated the flop to see what he did on the turn. I guess he just trapped me good and proper and I just had to be behind.

If I am honest, I was prob not giving it 100% concentration due to perhaps the same things you are referring to.

Hope that helps. Would you have called knowing you just had to be losing due to the size of the pot?

Please feel free to PM me with any concerns you have.
    swishtony
    swishtony

Post  swishtony Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi Rich, just wondered what you had in that hand. It was obviously such a pivotal hand for you and because a few railers said to you what a great lay down I was intrigued :-)

You did well last night, well done, you seem to go quite deep in some of the bigger games nowadays. I remember in the old ladder days your game was nowhere like it is now, what did you do to improve so much? WP :-)

Will PM ya later about the other stuff, cheers!
    richlizard

SPS Chips : 4

wp banksoir Empty Dave

Post  richlizard Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:39 pm

Well it was a big fold yes because of the size of the pot.

But I can assure you nobody at all knows my hands on MSN or any other means. I guess they were just assuming I had a big hand which I did in the pre-flop scheme of things. Think I got away as light as I could in all honesty.

My game: To be fair, since taking on more responsibility 'over there', my game is shot to pieces and confidence gone with it. I really don't play that much.

But if you are asking what is different between me now and me 18 months ago... seeking help from those better than me, plain and simple.

There is no one single thing, but the mentoring I received has been A1 from some of the most respected players in the game.

If you are looking to better your own game, it is an effort well worth affording and the guys here are amongst the best you are going to get.

In fact, when things settle down at KK, I may have a little dabble myself. The best golfers in the world never stop taking lessons! Laughing

Best of luck if you choose to utilise this bunch. You may not notice the difference, but your bank manager will! cheers

Look forward to the PM.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi rich!

welcome to our forum Cool

and wp to you as well in that game, gutted that the 2 all in muffs got the top spots and the 2 best players on table ended up 3rd and 4th, but better than 9th and 10th i suppose bounce
    pokerpolly

SPS Chips : 0

Post  pokerpolly Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:42 am

wp Neil Razz
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

Post  phinnies1 Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:46 pm

Hello Rich, nice to see you here, hope all is well with you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:18 pm