SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+2
the hoooders
nikthebad
6 posters

MTT Middle game

nikthebad
    nikthebad

SPS Chips : 114

MTT Middle game Empty MTT Middle game

Post  nikthebad Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:34 am

Have been playing some MTTs this weekend and have found myself doing well early on, chipping up to the top 10% or so. Due to table balancing, I often find myself sat with all the other big stacks. I am finding that I end up blowing my stack during the middle period of the game and busting out middle of the field ish.
    My question is this. Once I've built a nice stack, am I best to practically sit out for an hour or two rather than risk my stack on coin flips or better in the middle game?

I realise that an obvious answer is to tighten up but the problems arise when premium hands come up against others with big stacks.

Any comments welcome.
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

MTT Middle game Empty Re: MTT Middle game

Post  the hoooders Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:42 am

nikthebad wrote:Have been playing some MTTs this weekend and have found myself doing well early on, chipping up to the top 10% or so. Due to table balancing, I often find myself sat with all the other big stacks. I am finding that I end up blowing my stack during the middle period of the game and busting out middle of the field ish.
    My question is this. Once I've built a nice stack, am I best to practically sit out for an hour or two rather than risk my stack on coin flips or better in the middle game?

I realise that an obvious answer is to tighten up but the problems arise when premium hands come up against others with big stacks.

Any comments welcome.
    if i chip up early m8 i will tighten up like a rock,and will only play pre hands in postion,i have found myself browsin the net once chipped up to looking back lobby at 20 left!!! Very Happy Very Happy
    nikthebad
    nikthebad

Post  nikthebad Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:23 pm

managed a first in a 3K gtd to close out my weekend of average performance, so not all bad Smile MTT Middle game 882404 cheers
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:34 pm

N1 nik wd m8y! cheers

firework congrats firework congrats
    xbigstevex
    xbigstevex

SPS Chips : 69
    Favourite hand : 66

Post  xbigstevex Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:12 pm

nikthebad wrote:managed a first in a 3K gtd to close out my weekend of average performance, so not all bad Smile MTT Middle game 882404 cheers

wp drinkin
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:00 pm

well personally m8, when i get stack going early, i like to get busy! I'll play lots of small pots, against the medium stacks - who cant take my whole stack, but still have enough chips to play properly and not just shove. Pick on tiny stacks, and medium stacks, not low or huge. Find the tight middle stacks and abuse them.

Obviously youre going to run big hands into big hands sometimes, but you do that whehther you play tight or not. The plan is to get enough from every other hand to be able to lose a big pot with a premium.

make use of your stack, and get bullying! cheers
    scott
    scott

SPS Chips : 774

Post  scott Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:36 am

nice win m8!!! well played. cheers

i also been havin same prob in mtt's. gonna go back to the "rock" strategy once i get a stack going.

See how that go's for a bit.
    nikthebad
    nikthebad

Post  nikthebad Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:16 am

thanks fellas nice to have a few extra quid for xmas Smile

I've decided that poor/unlucky middle game is the way forward. So future MTT plan is:

1.Chip up in the first hour or so till you are in the top 5 stacks

2. Spend the next 2-4 hours clicking randomly or watching the x-factor (other shit tv is available)

3. When your stack gets to below average (at least bottom 30%) start paying attention.

4. Spot the lucky calling stations (they'll be the ones with the big stacks playing 90% of hands and typing 'lol' in the chat box a lot)

5. Out play them until you have their stack.

6. Type 'lol' in the chat box.

7. Resume sensible play until box pops up reading 'Congratulations, you are the tournament winner'

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:34 am