SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

Best poker books

Muffer
    Muffer

SPS Chips : 163

Best  poker books Empty Best poker books

Post  Muffer Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:12 am

Hi all just ordered 2 books by the one man I rate above almost all sir "daniel negreanu".
    I don,t read to many books on holdem and omaha as I feel making online moves in omaha v solid players will get you caught cold .(unless the move equates to value if reraised)!!!!!.
    Having said this there handy when using the method of picking a weak opponent and robbing ..........
    Beating the odds(A BOOK) I found was simply outbetting there value which was good but=dangerous when outbetting on nothing.
    I like to see controlled aggression in a game when watching an opponent raising with well thought bets and basically taking over a table with this method......a prime example is somerset dave....new1home.(visa2005)another example.
    Recently ive been looking into razz in depth and altho it is a simple game you can go into it with simple principles others don,t use giving you an advantage over almost all the field.
    I have been looking on a few sites recently where your entering value..be it added pool,guarantee not hitting...weak fields (player numbers diminishing quick indicating this).
    In two weeks when ive got a good idea I will post a list of games everyone can play be it 2euro to 50euro where you get more for your entry due to this.
    GL ALL PEACE AND LOVE UNCLE MUFF X
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Best  poker books Empty Re: Best poker books

Post  wildrick Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:13 am

Hi muffer m8

We don't have any negreanu books in our recommended books section, so give me a shout if you think either is particularly good Wink

As far as "moves" go, mine are all pretty player dependent - for innstance on hilo cash, there are certain players that will never call a reraise or pot bet on the river without the nuts, so in high-only pots with a flush possible and no pair, if i have the A (or highest non board card) of the flush possible suit, then I know i can bluff these players off the pot.

Razz is certainly the new omaha - so many people play it badly.

Be interested to see your list of value games, gogo!

the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

Post  the hoooders Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:31 pm

nice one matty,be sure to post about best value games ect!!! Wink
    Muffer
    Muffer

SPS Chips : 163

Best  poker books Empty ok

Post  Muffer Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:46 am

Hi hooders lad,im on page 80 on "HOLDEM WISDOM FOR ALL PLAYERS".
    Started it 2 hours ago (only a little book)but from what ive read the majority is commonsense....until the methods of a newbie are explained and a different style for a more established player.
    It is pretty "darnnnn" good.....much is made of the live game from talking trash to spotting flaws ia sweating,clothes reads.(not really my kind of thing as rarely bother to be honest).
    The odds are explained idiot proof to as even the gf understood them(my joke of the day)!!!!!.
    Frustrating night lastnight top 30in 4 big fields but lostall when in the coin to the 53/47 coin flip on pairs to overcardsin all. Also the nut flush clown not respecting my pot raise pre river with his20%flusher.
    Not to worry tho enjoying that book £14.99 is expensive for a paperback but it is decent.7 1/2 out of ten at minute.............
    sexyamy83
    sexyamy83

SPS Chips : 265
    Favourite hand : 2 7 offsuit aslong as its against a weak opponent

Post  sexyamy83 Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:54 am

I like the Harrington on Holdem book, only read the first one but was a good read.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:58 am