SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

3 posters

Poker Tracker - Poker Office - Holdem Manager

Cleric147
    Cleric147

SPS Chips : 60

Poker Tracker - Poker Office - Holdem Manager Empty Poker Tracker - Poker Office - Holdem Manager

Post  Cleric147 Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:41 am

I have trialed Poker Tracker - Poker Office - Holdem Manager and found it nigh on impossible to import HH from Laddies. I am non-technical and some of these seem to need a computer programmer to setup. I would very much appreciate the benefit of any experience with these products:

Which i the better product?

Can I auto import?

Are my importing problems due to my Laddies settings? or it being a trial licence?

My initial focus was a results analysis product (having had my spreadsheet with several hunred tourney results wiped of my piggin laptop!!!). Personal Poker Pal looks quite good but has no hand analysis or opponent tracking.

Please help

Thanks a lot
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Poker Tracker - Poker Office - Holdem Manager Empty Re: Poker Tracker - Poker Office - Holdem Manager

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:38 am

Holdem Manager is the best of the bunch after using them all I found it the most use.

PT3 and HM should both import HH from the laddies history file, although this is a slow job, both products have forums which you can search for help importing.

DOWN SIDE: for laddies tourney play is that if you require a Live HUD the only one that supports laddies tourneys is "poker office" or at least that was the case, but this is the weaker product of the 3 IMO.

The fact HM will release a update in 24hrs or less when a site like PokerStars does a update is fantastic service for a 1 off payment product
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Poker Tracker - Poker Office - Holdem Manager Empty Re: Poker Tracker - Poker Office - Holdem Manager

Post  wildrick Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:52 am

I've tried a few programs like these, including most of the ones mentioned, and although theyre very mathsy, and full of tables and %ages etc, and should be exactly the kind of thing i like, since ive got a maths and stats degree, and am very into my poker maths... I didnt like any of them.

Personally I wouldnt advise using any except for cash play, but thats just my opinion... Mbe in stts, but in tournies peoplese play is so variable that i found them no use at all. And knowing i won 85% of hands when i had AA is about as useful as getting it in the first level of a tight tourn, because every situation in an mtt is very very different.

theres too many extraneous factors in an mtt - payout, players remaining, stack sizes, blinds, players on your table, etc.

Cash tables on the other hand, similar hands situations crop up hundreds and hundreds of times, especially if your playing with a similar bunch of people repeatedly, and this is wehre i think these programs come into their own.

This is just my opinion, and therefore im not very up on how they all perform etc, but evo is certainly on top of all these programs, and is now delegated as one of our official HM/PT expert Wink cheers
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:54 am

I agree with you m8t there use in tourneys is very limited not only for the reasons you mention but also due to the fact with tourneys you will encounter a much wider range of players that are new to you, there advanatge in tourney play is much later in the game when faces crop up after the cash bubble and getting deep into the game where players tend to revert to there true style of play and what lines they have take against you in past tourneys.

I'd not suggest using live HUD for MTT's unless you are multi tabling in which case then can give a indication of player style without having to observe the table constantly.

For MTT's there main advantage is in post play leak finding, a lot of players find them selves being a regular casulty of a certain area within a tourney and with a good sample size the tools within each program can help trace that leak/weakness.

|Like you say knowing you won 85% of hands with AA is as usefull as a chocolate fireguard, but knowing why you LOST the other 15% has great merit..IMO
    Cleric147
    Cleric147

SPS Chips : 60

Post  Cleric147 Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:01 am

Thx very much Evo and Rick

Sorry i have not replied ive been on hols for 2 weeks. The place we went to had wi-fi but i thought the mrs might give me black-eye if i used it! anyway i didnt work even tho i took the risk.

So batteries recharged looking foward to getting back into it (I think). had a quick game last night and wished that i won 85% like Rick with AA! my bullets were cracked by 46o - 357 flops are usually pretty safe with a preflop raise - but hey what do i know.

Getting back to the point these programs are more about keeping me balanced and taking a long term view for me (not analysing AA vs 46o). Understanding opponents type has its pitfalls but situational adjustmenst can be made for MTTs

Thanks again Evo i think i will give HM a go.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:48 am