SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

Terms of Service question

Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Terms of Service question Empty Terms of Service question

Post  Evo397bhp Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Ok here's a question

If a site's Terms of Service are agreed to, which have to be to open a real money account. and the afore mentioned site of which I'm sure have a barrage of high flying qualified executives in there legal department setting the afore mentioned ToS (Terms of Service)you re-read the ToS and contact said site to clarify, the reply is "that would be within our ToS"

So you set up another account, and then another and another over a long period (years) you have 10 accounts BUT at no point do you EVER EVER run or return to an old account..

scene set....

Out of the blue while on a big GTD FT and deep past the cash bubble on another, you are booted from the server and can not reconnect, in desperation you send many emails and get this response...

>> Hello Ashley,
    >>
    >> I have reopened your account now. The reason it was closed was because it
    >> appears you have multiple accounts, which is against our rules.
    >>
    >> Please note it is against the ********** Terms of Service for a player
    >> to access more than one account at our site.
    >> Upon investigation, it appears that '********' and ' ******** ' along with several others belong to
    >> the same person. Unless you are able to provide information to the
    >> contrary, we are closing the accounts and we need you to respond to
    >> this email.
    >>
    >> Upon your response, any remaining real money balance on your closed
    >> account will be transferred to the user ID that we will reinstate for
    >> you. On this occasion, we will also transfer the FPP balance over from
    >> your closed account. However, please be warned that all FPPs accrued in
    >> any future duplicate account you might create will be confiscated.

>> Joanne
    >> ********** Support Team

So I email back after 45 minutes of being blocked out by now, with the ,,,,

>Dears Joanne
    >
    >You will be able to check your records and note that NONE of the old accounts have
    >been in use for some time.
    >You will also be able to note at NO POINT have multiple accounts been in use at
    >the same or indeed revisited/reused.
    >
    >" Please note it is against the *********** Terms of Service for a player
    > to access more than one account at our site."
    ..... THIS AT NO POINT HAS
    >EVER HAPPENED.
    >
    >yours sincerely
    >Ashley Yeatts
    >User ID : ********

3 minutes later I can log back in and receive this email

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for contacting us.

We appreciate your acknowledgment of the Terms of Service as well as your
    explanation regarding this matter. We have added the proper notes to your
    account to explain this matter.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Regards,

Melania
    ********* Support Team

I ended up the short stack on the FT with 5 left and struggled to 3rd so cost me at least $3k, and the other game anted down to 8M and blinds at 1k/2k $200 ante shoved AKs only to be muffed by AQs few hundred $'s.

Now my Piss is boiling over this as I did not or ever have broke there ToS and even asked the question some time ago..... Am I in the wrong here ????
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

Terms of Service question Empty Re: Terms of Service question

Post  phinnies1 Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:55 pm

Email them, explain the issue, explain the results of their actions and demand compensation, for sure u will get feck all but you will feel better
    ToiletBrush
    ToiletBrush

SPS Chips : 32

Post  ToiletBrush Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:56 pm

deal with it

you broke the rules and there are obv reasons why you would not be allowed two accounts on one skin. you're lucky it was not on stars or you would not have gotten your winnings
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:29 am

hmmm

usual poker site bollox. But it does depend how you read those tos. Obviously you have only been accessing one account at a time, but the ToS doesnt actually mention that, it just says a player cannot access more than one account. Youve had 10 accounts, you at some point have accessed each of them, thereby accessing more than one account and breaking the ToS.

however the email you recieved back does sound like they were admitting they had made a mistake. Id use that email to quote in any further correspondence.

You definitely should be complaining and requesting some compensation - although youre unlikely to get any, depending on the site. Try and get hold of someone in management on the phone, 90% of the job for the email answerers is to fob you off without bothering anyone, so try and bypass them if you can. For them to throw you off midgame is downright ridiculous, and you should be getting a better explanation from them.

Sry to wind you up further, but why did you keep opening new accounts? And why not close each old one? Did you create each account with the same email addy/details?
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:56 am

phinnies1 wrote:Email them, explain the issue, explain the results of their actions and demand compensation, for sure u will get feck all but you will feel better

Did both mate and got the last one Feck All..well not quite true I did get an apology, which actually goes a long way.

ToiletBrush wrote:deal with it

you broke the rules and there are obv reasons why you would not be allowed two accounts on one skin. you're lucky it was not on stars or you would not have gotten your winnings

Behave fella, the whole point was I did not BREAK there rules parse, merely interpreted them different, and the point was being locked out while in deep play.
    And this is not a skin site, other wise I would just access via another skin ?

wildrick wrote:hmmm

usual poker site bollox. But it does depend how you read those tos. Obviously you have only been accessing one account at a time, but the ToS doesnt actually mention that, it just says a player cannot access more than one account. Youve had 10 accounts, you at some point have accessed each of them, thereby accessing more than one account and breaking the ToS.

That was my point to them way back when I set up a second account, Due to having a Laptop stolen I didn't want to access that account any more, read there ToS and asked if I never revisited an account would this break there ToS, there response was not 100% yes/no but lent towards "you will need to use a new email address to open a new account" to me this looked like a green light
    Rolling Eyes

You never wind me up m8t, unless ya muff me with pocket jacks :pirat:
    The reason I started to do this was I didn't want Sharkscope or officialpokerratings from tracking what I earn due to my divorce and also players that had never sat at a table with me, so once the ROI went to high I opened a new account, and after there help in how to set up more accounts all had EXACTLY the same details bar email address and NONE were set up through Rakeback sites so at no point did I EVER receive deposit Bonus or rakeback deals, so I was never hiding or cheating them.
    Long email went to them explaining this and the WORDING of there ToS being to vague.
    Due to there software (security reasons they quoted) you can not actualy close an account once opened, even if you call them to bar your self all they do is lock the account down it's still on there server so i could not close accounts along the way.

My whole gripe was the way they handelded this, and locking my account while playing like a bolt out of the blue was wrong, I admit i've been walking a very GREY line on the ToS issue, end result is they have locked all accounts bar my current one (fair enough) have apologised for the lock out (fair enough) and have transfered all VIP points from other accounts into the current one (never asked for this so good on them).

Lesson learnt both sides there changing the wording on there ToS, wrist slapped on me...

ps: Toiletbrush are you sure about your comment on stars
    I think they have many users with multi accounts inc some famous ones Wink
    Cleric147
    Cleric147

SPS Chips : 60

Post  Cleric147 Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:51 am

Use your winnings to eliminate your x - 2 problems sorted

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:25 am