SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+4
Overated
the hoooders
khenny
danowski69
8 posters

Ive found the secret to "me" playing well

danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

Ive found the secret to "me" playing well Empty Ive found the secret to "me" playing well

Post  danowski69 Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 am

last night i did alot of reading about poker and to be fair i dont understand alot of it, this is mainly because ive only been playing for a few months, but i read a few things that last night and today ive been using and its working kinda well.

1: pick suited connectors
    2: pairs 77 99 or above. (the odd 55 or similar if blinds are low)
    3: face cards (pairs or the obvious ak aq)

chill out, got my headphones on, bit of yes i dare say it, michael buble lol and relax, no game is won in the 1st hr, its a long race and im now fit for a marathon :-)

most importantly, dont tilt, dont get angry at the cards, fold and sit back.

im more than sure you all know this already, but i thought id share my thinkings with u all

last night i finsihed 14th in the £3 high stack 300+ runners and 5hrs later i made a profit, small albeit but profit none the less, 13hrs online and 1am soon caught up with me and i flagged and ran into AA

today im currently 5th in £5 high stack and its going well

peace out ya'll
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Ive found the secret to "me" playing well Empty Re: Ive found the secret to "me" playing well

Post  khenny Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:09 am

Whatever works for you Danny is a good thing m8. If you are new to the game (which I think you said you are) then it's good you are looking for ways to improve, being able to find them for yourself is excellent progress.

It takes years and years to come to terms with all parts of poker and no one should ever belittle anyone for making progress and improvement in any part of their game.

Frankly I think overs post should be deleted here.

Personally I don't think a ban for a few weeks would be out of the question either. Surely the forum should be a place where people can feel happy about asking questions and receiving encouragement for any progress they make rather than having their efforts belittled in a petty and pathetic way.

All those in favour please start your +1's, +2's etc here thanks.
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

Ive found the secret to "me" playing well Empty Re: Ive found the secret to "me" playing well

Post  the hoooders Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:09 am

Overated wrote:it took you alot of readin to figure that out? are u serious? and change ur fcking avatar pls u moron
    one word COQ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

Post  the hoooders Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:11 am

khenny wrote:Whatever works for you Danny is a good thing m8. If you are new to the game (which I think you said you are) then it's good you are looking for ways to improve, being able to find them for yourself is excellent progress.

It takes years and years to come to terms with all parts of poker and no one should ever belittle anyone for making progress and improvement in any part of their game.

Frankly I think overs post should be deleted here.

Personally I don't think a ban for a few weeks would be out of the question either. Surely the forum should be a place where people can feel happy about asking questions and receiving encouragement for any progress they make rather than having their efforts belittled in a petty and pathetic way.

All those in favour please start your +1's, +2's etc here thanks.
    +1 1 st class moron,who prob a proven looser
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:30 am

Yes kenny m8, as stated before i am new to playing poker, been on laddies since july now abut didnt start playing all the time until late october. it was just a bit of fun on the 0.02 cash games in which i struggled not knowing how to play :-( so i looked at tourneis and played the survivor ones for a bit, realised this wasn't a good basis to learn the game, but learn how to be the best donk on the day :-)

then in september i started playing better and thigs have progressed for me as many of u have seen.

in reference to "overrated" maybe he is always this way?? on all my posts he leaves uncalled for comments, but i choose to ignore them, as ive said and will admit time and time again, im not that good at poker, im learning and thnaks to most of you and your advice, im doing well....we all had to start somewhere!??!

anyway...........
    +3...uncalled for slating is no needed and i agree with kenny!

peace out
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:00 am

After thinking about it I have come to the conclusion that it will be valuable NOT to ban over-rated form the forum.

He provides a shining beacon of how not win frieds and influence people!

Im guessing he doesnt have many friends to speak to judging his behaviour on this forum.

Some poeple like over-rated cannot be taught anything. Sad really.

Thanks to all the nice ones with your comments/support and advie Laughing

Peace out!
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Post  Overated Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:18 am

the hoooders wrote:
    who prob a proven looser

ROFL

+4 for the ban
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

Post  the hoooders Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:31 am

Overated wrote:
    the hoooders wrote:
    who prob a proven looser

ROFL

+4 for the ban
    always pleased to amuse,easy with you thou,just throw you a few bananas:D Very Happy Very Happy
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:55 am

Overated wrote:
    the hoooders wrote:
    who prob a proven looser

ROFL

+4 for the ban

Got to say if that's what YOU want then I hope Rick obliges.

clap
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:30 am

I don't think anoyne should be banned for exspressing their views in this way. If Over thinks Danny's a moron, then so be it! It's his view, not anyone else's.

It may not be nice, but we don't live in a nice world. I'm sick of little Hitlers and the PC brigade etc. Everyone knows what Over is like, if you don't, then you should spend more time actually reading the forum. I think he provides joy and entertainment and a bit of a devil's advocate to cut through all the patting on the back. If that's what you're after, then fine.

Finally, however, I will/do understand if Rick bans Over, because not everyone thinks like me, and I'm sure the rest (and therefore good for the forum and Rick's business) will/would be happier with a slap-me-on-the-back-love-you forum.
    Oh, and I agree with him, the Avatar is chite! clap
    Best of luck with it all, Danny, by the way. You're right. Everyone has to start somewhere and I started just as you did. I'm now more or a LAG but that's the way I've progressed.
    That is all.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:38 am

I agree, we all have our own view! just a shame some people express it in such a manner, there is no need for it at all, and even if that is how he normally acts, its a sad state of affairs.

And the avatar was EDDIE THE EAGLE! i have now changed it to the ARSENAL one and its staying! lol

If over is reading this, do us both a favour, and keep out my way, i dont like what you do and i certainly dont wish to be part of your silly immature comments!
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:45 am

Don't think it needs to be a "slap-me-on-the-back love in" but there's nothing wrong with having a bit of decency towards a guy who's just starting out in poker.

There's also nothing PC or Hitler-like about disliking blatantly bad manners m8. If over wants to be a dick to people then that's fine and personally I don't give a rats ass what he thinks as I know he is a twat from reading his posts. Doesn't mean people should be subjected to his bile though does it? Danny seems to be pretty clued up on how over is a sad twat but someone else may have just left the forum after being shot down like that.

Over probably likes playing the Mr Nasty character online and may even be a decent bloke in person but there's no need for the personal attacks against someone who has come on here looking to improve as a player and get some advice.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:49 am

Firstly, N1 Danny, I've always preached patience, discipline, etc, in poker, and it's good to see you realising these things work, and starting to pick up some results.

Secondly hijack hijack hijack what about Overated?

Well personally I find him entertaining, and I enjoy a bit of banter with him. He's entitled to his opinion about things, and I like spending a bit of my day arguing with him about them Wink

However he's not allowed to make slating comments calling members morons. Whether or not the members in question care. So any posts in which he does that will be deleted (the same as they would be for anyone else). Other more amusing and well constructed criticisms are allowed - as long as i find them entertaining Smile

We will have some more moderators soon (thanks for all the offers), and hopefully posts like that one will be deleted sooner. (Had a m8 round last night, so night off the forum).

Calling people morons, slagging avatars, being grumpy, supporting Liverpool, or just generally winding up everyone - I dont think these are bannable offences.

Oh and im not entirely sure which was more tilting - the eddie avatar or the Arsenal one... ARGGGGG! Perhaps you should use them both in rotation just to tilt us all bounce cheers

Last edited by wildrick on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:55 am

NO COMMENT scratch
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:02 am

wildrick wrote:Firstly, N1 Danny, I've always preached patience, discipline, etc, in poker, and it's good to see you realising these things work, and starting to pick up some results.

Getting back to the thread...

Yes, well done, Danny. It's great to see new players coming through and enjoying the game. I don't want to sway anyone in any way as I'm a loser at the game generally. All I'd say is that I get greater returns from LAG than I ever did from TAG TP etc. This is especially true with Live play.

To Khenny - I don't know over, he may be a nice bloke, he may be a moron himself, but I find him entertaining. I take your points though in that he could put new members off, and for that reason (if I was Rick) then I'd say exactly what you and Rick have sort of said, Khenny.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:02 am

Danny2809 wrote:NO COMMENT scratch

That's the last thing any of us want! Speak up!
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:03 am

Have to say on the avatar thing I have to rate MADV #1 so far!
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:12 am

Overated thing - He's just a grumpy fck sometimes. Take it with a pinch of salt. I agree with most tho, in that it could put off new members, so he needs to chill it out a bit. And yes, calling people morons with nothing constructive to add should just be deleted.

Danny - Great to have you here, you seem sound, and good to see you learning the game and getting somewhere, keep it up!

Avatars - Mine is clearly the best, ty.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:13 am

There's no point in getting involed anymore, he had his say and its over.

I said how i feel and thats it.
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:13 am

wildrick wrote:Secondly hijack hijack hijack what about Overated?

Well personally I find him entertaining, and I enjoy a bit of banter with him. He's entitled to his opinion about things, and I like spending a bit of my day arguing with him about them Wink

However he's not allowed to make slating comments calling members morons. Whether or not the members in question care. So any posts in which he does that will be deleted (the same as they would be for anyone else). Other more amusing and well constructed criticisms are allowed - as long as i find them entertaining Smile

Lord, what did I miss ? ?

When it comes to Overated you simply have to accept him as he is or ignore him, personally I blame a high starch diet for his attitude. However, as Rick stated, insulting someone who openly admits to only having played for a few months is not right and the mod/s should obviously delete such comments.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:45 pm