SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
the hoooders
wildrick
tripedd
7 posters

live music

tripedd

SPS Chips : 205

live music Empty live music

Post  tripedd Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi all, i went to see Muse live at the National Indoor Arena last night . To be fair they were excellent. Fantastic light show and note perfect adrenalin pumping shit. Just wondered if anyone else has seen any live music recently and if they were any good.
    Anyway good luck on the tables dudes
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

live music Empty Re: live music

Post  wildrick Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:41 pm

This has made me realise I haven't been to a gig in ages Sad Love live music as well Sad

Memorable past gigs tho - Placebo (Before they were famous, saw them 3 times after and they were rough), Feeder (again early doors), and Meatloaf - Legend of the highest order.
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

Post  the hoooders Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:39 am

having seen OASIS 3 times, twice at wembley,and once at main rd(man city old ground)they cant be beat live,however coldplay at the newcastle arena was the closest to get anywhere near,the killers were also awesome at the v festival Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:56 am

wildrick wrote:This has made me realise I haven't been to a gig in ages Sad Love live music as well Sad

Memorable past gigs tho - Placebo (Before they were famous, saw them 3 times after and they were rough), Feeder (again early doors), and Meatloaf - Legend of the highest order.

Feeder are meant to be one of the greatest live performers about at present, Rick. Sharon's seen them a couple of times. I'm going to my first gig in Liverpool for my Birthday. Sharon's taking me to see Nickleback. I can honestly say I never thought I'd like them but now I have 3 of their albums on repeat in the car and on my phone. Absolutely love their "rock".

Anyone else recommend any?

On the Placebo thing, Rick - don't you think the newish album is chit? Still have Nancy boy in the car Smile
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:10 am

Being slightly older than most on the forum I come from different era for gigs. The "stadium gig" didn't really exist much outside the huge festivals that were around in the 70's-80's. Donnington "Monsters of Rock" was a good one.

Me and my mates did have a great advantage up here though. When we were younger (15-19ish) we used to do karate, our teacher was the bouncer at the Odeon where all the big bands of the day used to play. Every gig we went to we used to go round to the back stage door and Brian would let us in no questions asked. Felt like celebs when we were that age back stage rubbing shoulders with rock gods such as Thin Lizzy, Rush, AC/DC, UFO, Whitesnake, Rainbow, Ozzy's "Blizzard of Oz", Judas Priest, (imagine the shock when I later found out that front man Rob Halford was bent as a nine bob note! affraid). To stand and chat to guys like Phil Lynott, Angus Young, Ritchie Blackmore, Ozzy Osbourne was mind blowing for a metal head like me and my mates.

Sadly Brian, our karate teacher and maker of some fantastic childhood memories for me and my mates died about 4yrs ago not even reaching his 60th birthday. I still tip him a nod of thanks now and again when I hear those songs of yesteryear getting blasted out on rock radio stations.

Txs Brian. Gone but not forgotten m8.
    swishtony
    swishtony

SPS Chips : 116

Post  swishtony Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:40 am

For current music Kings of Leon are awesome live! Rarely go to go gigs at my ripe old age now but in the past was an avid gig/festival goer.

One of my fav festivals was in Holland in 1981 (yikes!) and saw some bands I had never heard of at the time - I was living there and these bands were kinda unknown but am sure they were famous over here in '81. U2, Pretenders, Madness, Michael Schenker Group, UB40, Ian Dury. Also did the Monsters of Rock quite a few times, awesome, AC-DC...wow!!

Best all time concert though has to be Pink Floyd, Animals Tour in Zurich in 1977, almost ruined by the local Hells Angels but sense prevailed and a good time was had by all!
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:15 am

swishtony wrote:[...]

Best all time concert though has to be Pink Floyd, Animals Tour in Zurich in 1977, almost ruined by the local Hells Angels but sense prevailed and a good time was had by all!

I wasn't even born then! hide
    CARNIVORE04
    CARNIVORE04

SPS Chips : 1377

Post  CARNIVORE04 Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Kings of Leon
    MGMT
    Keane
    Oasis
    Pink
    Magic Numbers
    Ian Brown
    Snoop and Pdiddy
    Razorlight
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    Chemical Brothers
    James Brown (shook his hand)
    Saw Doctors
    The Darkness
    The Killers
    Snow Patrol
    The Verve
    The Prodigy
    The Charlatans
    R.E.M

Geezus many many more too although i have to say i cheat a bit by going to festivals but they gotta be the best value for money and defo the best craic/fuckfests
    CARNIVORE04
    CARNIVORE04

SPS Chips : 1377

Post  CARNIVORE04 Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:30 pm

MADV wrote:
    swishtony wrote:[...]

I wasn't even born then! hide

I too was still in bag-dad back then

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:47 am