SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

Did I play this hand rubbish???

frustratedwithsuckouts

SPS Chips : 27

Did I play this hand rubbish??? Empty Did I play this hand rubbish???

Post  frustratedwithsuckouts Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:41 pm

$10 buck rebuy on Will Hill (35K gtd)

early in rebuy period

i get 7c3c suited in late position with a few limpers
    so i limp

flop
    6c 10c 5c

pot is 100 - all checked to me so i bet 220
    1 caller - turn 7d, pot = 540
    check to me, i bet 2000, thinking i will try and take it down... he calls with 7s Jc

River = 8c so he takes me down...

question is - did i play this bad?

thanks
    Si
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Did I play this hand rubbish??? Empty Re: Did I play this hand rubbish???

Post  wildrick Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 pm

A little hard to tell without stack sizes, but it doesn't sound like you played it too badly - You obviously got a lot of chips in with the best hand.

Since it's a rebuy, in the rebuy period still, I'm limping into any multi-qway pot with anything vaguely connected or suited, so the preflop play is fine.

I like betting the flush out small on the flop, and then making your opponent make a decision on the turn for a lot more chips. Just an ul river, was there much action on it? How much did you lose in the pot in total? If one of you had 3k ish, then you played it great.

If however you both had a bit more, then perhaps you should of pushed on the turn and completely overbet it, as you may have been committing yourself to call 1 or 2k more on the river regardless of what comes down.
    frustratedwithsuckouts

SPS Chips : 27

Post  frustratedwithsuckouts Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:29 pm

hmmm oh yea stack sizes....

i had just under 3K and i think he had about 2...

recognising that it is a rebuy, however this sort of thing does seem to happen to me fairly frequently....

although i did go on to play flipping awful after giving myself a decent shot, ended up a little on tilt after an awful play and shoved without needing to with 9's and ran into QQ.....

oh well thanks again for the advice...
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:57 am

Hi FWS (like your new name?) Well done on the other post btw, glad to see we are helping in some way.

I am the same as Rick pre flop m8 I play suited connectors all the time when it's cheap enough. Had a discussion on that very thing on another thread.

You say the pot is 100 so we are 5 handed. You bet over twice the pot (220) but in all seriousness this will do very little if anything to get rid of guys holding high clubs early in a rebuy. The fact is that the more likely scenario is a hand like Ac 6h would then become the aggressor and lump in hoping to hit.

Once the flop is over and there are 3 clubs facing up then the guys in this MTT are already thinking......"if I miss I'll just buy back in"

For what it's worth I am also in rebuy mode at this stage and I would seriously have just lumped all in on the flop. You are probably holding the winning hand at this stage but you will not get anyone to fold an Ac Kc Qc with an all in bet here much less one of 220!

I don't think you particularly played it badly but I would think that the Jc may have thought twice about calling an all in on the flop. The other advantage the all in has in a rebuy is that it shows you are not afraid to get them in the middle and makes people think twice before raising your blinds which is always a good thing. cheers

Keep up the good work and lets be hearing about lots more cashes in the future.
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:21 am

all in on the flop for me. Bare Ac or Kc will call, as will a lot of hands youre miles ahead of, and of course occasionally the higher flush will be out. But hands with one higher club that isn't that high will fold, cutting out a decent portion of your chimpings.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:16 am