SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

names busted live & how

JunkStar
    JunkStar

SPS Chips : 4

names busted live & how Empty names busted live & how

Post  JunkStar Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:32 am

anyone bust a recognised player from a live tournament and how i wonder.

I was lucky enough to play in dusk til dawns opening night £100 mtt with approx 130 runners and finished 8th, a small but worthwhile profit.

During the tournament i felted pete linton on the first level, called a preflop 3x raise with aj clubs, board came qc 10c 5d, he led out for 3 quarters of the pot, i pushed, (bit rookie play i think now, 2 risky maybe first level but i was sure i had outs) he snap called with kk no clubs, a blank of 4th street followed by ace of diamonds on the river.

later on in the tournament, had the pleasure of jesse may sitting on my table, hearing the "voice of poker" reeling off stories and generally being an all round nice bloke was enjoyable.
    Got down to two tables, had a tightish imiage where last two reraises to what i thought were continuation bets had taken the pots, but i knew i needed a few more chips before final table.
    5 handed i get dealt a8 spades on the button and its folded to me jesse is in the bb but i have him easily covered, i raise it up to isolate as the sb has a reasonable stack i know if he gets involved im behind, he passes and jesse moves in for about a pot more, feeling committed and although not totally sure im ahead i feel his range does inculde hands im well agead of, ace junk etc, i call. he flips up 33, the flop hit me pretty hard with ace clubs 8 diamonds appearing. Jesse didnt hit either remaining 3 and he retired like a gentleman.

I ducked out in 8th when i got blinded in with kj, only to be up against aj and it was over.

anyone else got any people brags?
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

names busted live & how Empty Re: names busted live & how

Post  Overated Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:26 am

not really live. online tho ive busted a few big players from big tourneys including

jesper hougaard
    http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=84312

johnny lodden
    http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=32190
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:28 am

nicetread nicetread nicetread

Having a think about this, and not really coming up with any decent names grrrr lol.

The first live tournament i won was a little 70 people turbo thing at Barry Hearns footie club, and it was me and Barry heads up, very entertaining, so that was first famous person, but dont think he counts a poker name lol Smile

Since that tho, I can remember playing on tables with some great players, but im struggling to think of any notable knockouts Sad

On day 2 in the EPT grand final in montecarlo 2 years ago, i got 4 table moves in the space of a few hours, starting off with vicky coren and phil ivey on my table, then got moved to the right of Ram Vaswani, then off to another table with Lodden and Raymer, and then played the rest of the day with Andy Black on my left (who was chippy at the time) and Mark Teltsher on my right lol.

If we can include notable bluffs here tho, in that EPT, when i had Ram to my left he was playing vitually every hand, really ruling the table, so when i picked up AK soooted it was no surprise that he called my pre flop raise, and we saw a 2 heart flop, giving me nut flush draw, I bet it, got called and missed, then on the turn I had a feeling if i bet he was gonna push me off the pot, so checked, he bet, and i shoved, he folded Smile On the next table i shoved on an A high board on the turn with QQ, Mark Teltsher showed KK and folded, and I had to show him my QQ, and recieved some amusing comments from the crowd and rail, most notable being Andy Black - "wow, I didnt think u brits played like that" lol.

Ill think about knockouts tho, and get back to you, nice post Junkstar rock on
    JunkStar
    JunkStar

Post  JunkStar Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:01 pm

thanks ric, nice reply, got you some big names there. being moved onto ivet's table.....

affraid
    swishtony
    swishtony

SPS Chips : 116

Post  swishtony Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:08 pm

Wow, just seen this thread, that EPT event musta been some experience eh???

My only claim to fame, ermmm.... well he's not a poker player but I knocked him out of a live game... was Andy 'The Viking' Fordham - luckily for me his poker skills are nowhere near as good as his darts ones, think I knocked him out with my KK versus his J2 on a J high flop lol
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:54 pm

yeah EPT grand final was sick lol.

First EPT I played got knocked out by Jaffacake lol, i was short in bb with 55, he looked at one card and in sb after it folded to him, and shoved me all in. He checked his other card, and it was a 10, unfortunately so was the first one he looked at haha. owned

The most notable thing about that EPT was that at one point, with 5 laddies players left in, 4 of us, Me, decision, Spetsern, and (the eventual winner) Theah were all on same table, all in a row lmfao. I obv then got moved next to the other laddies player, Jaffa, who promptly took me out mad laser

The wsop main event 07 was much better tho, as i managed to avoid any pros really until my last table, with Dario Minieri on it (Pokerstars supernova and first porsche buyer with FPPs). He was also chippy on table, and after him bullying the crap out of the table for about 6 hours through the bubble, raising almost every hand , I managed to run my 1010 into his AA doh timingggggggggg.
    JunkStar
    JunkStar

Post  JunkStar Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:52 am

Is Dario really as tiny as he looks on tv?? Him driving a porsche whilst sitting on 4 cushions is now a picture in my head.

thanks for your stories excellent indeed mate

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:49 pm