SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
Jon Huckle
phinnies1
CARNIVORE04
7 posters

poker sites

CARNIVORE04
    CARNIVORE04

SPS Chips : 1377

poker sites Empty poker sites

Post  CARNIVORE04 Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Which is your favourite and why ?

Personally i like laddies and will hill through the week for tournaments cause the numbers suit me better so i can get to bed for work.

Weekends i sometimes venture to stars or 365 for the huge gurantees when im flush.

Any others u guys play and find good for mtt ?
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

poker sites Empty Re: poker sites

Post  phinnies1 Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:00 pm

I am a huge advocate for Ladbrokes, I have played there for over 8 years and its where I am the most successful overall, it suits my style but I think thats because I learnt there and the place where I developed my style. I think Lads is one of the best standards overall on the net and you can really bring out your A game against good players.
    I cannot get on with Stars as I am not a big fan of the huge fields but like the Ipoker network for the great guarantees.
    Ongame can be very lucrative with some uber poor players but I just cant get on there, never could, the standard tilts me. I guess im just unable to use my style of bullying there.
    Pacific/Fulltilt and Party all have some great tourneys on Sundays but you have to be able to afford the buyins and be prepared to play through the night!
    I think you should not try to spread yourself too thinly, find a few sites where you can adjust to the style and stick to them, when you run bad, switch between them.
    Our fellow mentor Mr Huckle will have some views on this im sure (although he will be trying to advocate his very own TFG Poker Razz )
    Jon Huckle
    Jon Huckle
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 7

poker sites Empty Favourite site

Post  Jon Huckle Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:23 am

Ive pretty much played all sites and all have good points and bad points but usually most people will stick to where the 1st started and add a few extra to play.
    Alot depend on what you are after as far as choosing sites, ipoker TGF Stars and full tilt have good mtts with good guarantees
    Laddies used to have it all but need to see what happens when they swap to the microgaming network.
    Ladbrokes is where i started always will play there despite their trying to self destruct the site.
    I play alot on ipoker for the mtts cause the players are so bad which means you get donked alot they have good guarantees without monster fields so you can win big and still be in bed reasonably early. With a particular stratergy you can win shed loads dispite the numerous muffings and i have won everything on there in the last 12 montns using this stratergy so if you want to know more then book some sessions.
    geminis
    geminis

SPS Chips : 208

Post  geminis Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 am

Until this year ive only really played on ladbrokes, Love the friendly people there and its where i learnt to play so has always felt like my poker home. group hug

Ive started to play more on ipoker now, and im finding it very hard to adjust, not sure if its the level im playing on there or just the way they play but ive never had so many sick outdraws. grrrrrrrrrr The MTTs are good there tho but again being used to the smaller fields of laddies ive found myself cashing more often but not making as many final tables due to the crapshoot it turns in to in the later stages. Still persevering though, ive gotta learn to tailor my game to it otherwise I will be stuck on laddies forever. lol
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 am

I'd made a choice to leave laddies for good at the start of 2009, been drifting away from it for a few years as they chose to try and implode on there selves, and make Stars my main home for the next 12months as the cash games are vast with Full tilt my weekend retreat, throwing in some ipoker tourneys via Titan.

What a mistake that was..
    I suddenly missed the banter (mine and others) and community feel Ladbrokes holds for me, so in short I earn away from Ladbrokes...But Ladbrokes will earn a few grand through the year but keeps a fun friendly side to poker.

also can shortstake laddies 100nl and not get run to the rail on every pot i play, i'd like to think this is due to the fear others have for my skill!.... sadly this is no doubt more than likely due to my status of "Fish" shark
    MrFoLdEm123
    MrFoLdEm123

SPS Chips : 4

Post  MrFoLdEm123 Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Love the Labrokes site, also PartyPoker is very good. PokerStars is OK, but its looking old now.
    stowjon

SPS Chips : 0

Post  stowjon Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:38 am

my personal fave is fulltilt but im a huge advocate of boylepoker.com
    its on the ipoker network and you get good player points which you can play some great freerolls with. and the chat box is always a good crack and the terrible 1 and 2 outers dont seem to get hit nearly as much as other sites

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:44 am