SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+11
scott
MADV
roman_reel
CARNIVORE04
Bubster
remember91
khenny
LuckyChuck
fluffb
wildrick
Overated
15 posters

SPS (un)Official football thread

khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

SPS (un)Official football thread - Page 3 Empty Re: SPS (un)Official football thread

Post  khenny Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:57 am

So it's not just Man Utd that control officials then?
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

SPS (un)Official football thread - Page 3 Empty Re: SPS (un)Official football thread

Post  Overated Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:06 am

biggest load of **** ive ever seen. wifout Torres and Gerrard we dont look like scoring. simple. Lucas and Spearing are bloddy useless. gillet an hicks need to do some proper investing in the club or GTFO because other clubs are expanding more and more

forget about the ballon deflecting their lucky goal in, we were a total shambles today and torres/gerrard arnt gonna be around forever specially if this continues. last thing we want is to become a uefa cup team

i have also been a big fan of rafa and always stood by him but he really is taking the piss. masch made a huge differencer the short amount of time he was on. another season lost imo and we will be lucky to get 3rd/4th
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:07 am

Great day for united! We looked nervous for the last 10 minutes, and missed vidic at the back a bit, but 3 points is all that matters, after Chelsea and Liverpool both lose.

Didn't see the Liverpool match obv, since I was watching the United game, but can assume they missed Gerrard and Torres quite a bit, Overated?

Chelsea looked poor at the back today, and didn't do that much going forward. But Chelsea have some strength in depth, and will be back in winning ways v soon I'd think.

I can't see 4 or even 3 teams being in with a shot of title this season, Utd and chelsea will be clear, tho Arsenal are playing well, and may be in touching distance. The most interesting fight this season will probably be for 3rd and 4th, with 5 teams going for 2 very open Champ's League places.

As for Liverpools title ambitions - could be the end of them now. Sitting 8th, behind even Sunderland, nevermind Villa and City, who both have games in hand.
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:08 am

khenny wrote:So it's not just Man Utd that control officials then?

im 99% sure u wernt even watching so stfu
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:08 am

i gave my opinion on the match above ur post rick
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:11 am

Overated wrote:biggest load of **** ive ever seen. wifout Torres and Gerrard we dont look like scoring. simple. Lucas and Spearing are bloddy useless. gillet an hicks need to do some proper investing in the club or GTFO because other clubs are expanding more and more

forget about the ballon deflecting their lucky goal in, we were a total shambles today and torres/gerrard arnt gonna be around forever specially if this continues. last thing we want is to become a uefa cup team

i have also been a big fan of rafa and always stood by him but he really is taking the piss. masch made a huge differencer the short amount of time he was on. another season lost imo and we will be lucky to get 3rd/4th

As i said a while ago, Liverpool only have 2-3 players of "top 4" standard really, and without the 2 main ones you're always going to struggle.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:12 am

Overated wrote:i gave my opinion on the match above ur post rick

yeah didnt see it till I'd posted lol.
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:14 am

the weird thing is with gerrard and torres back next week i wouldnt put it past us beating united

such an annoying club to support because we have to rely on 2 players
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:34 am

Overated wrote:
    khenny wrote:So it's not just Man Utd that control officials then?

im 99% sure u wernt even watching so stfu

Just to let you know m8 you can 100% sure as I never watch the EPL ever.

That however does not stop me from hearing what goes on via Sky Sports News and it also doesn't stop me from posting a throw away comment on the thread if I feel like it.

So stfu. Very Happy
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:52 pm

SPS (un)Official football thread - Page 3 Opxudg

SPS (un)Official football thread - Page 3 2njg5tl

SPS (un)Official football thread - Page 3 2cf89aq
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:23 pm

theres actually 3 gifs there^^one might take longer to load depending on your computer setup

i laughed when i seen them all anyway Very Happy
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Overated wrote:SPS (un)Official football thread - Page 3 Opxudg

SPS (un)Official football thread - Page 3 2njg5tl

SPS (un)Official football thread - Page 3 2cf89aq

yeh it works now after i quoted it
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:58 pm

lol celtic
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:07 pm

oh and incase none of u understands why they are funny. sunderland only scored cause the ball deflected off a big beachball leaving renia no chance to save it
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:05 am

SPS (un)Official football thread - Page 3 2dsg474
    roman_reel
    roman_reel

SPS Chips : 35

Post  roman_reel Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:27 am

wildrick wrote:as a liverpool fan you obviously havent watched all the utd matches this season and last season. I have. They've both been at the top of their game for the start of this season, and most of last season. And yes i know scholes cant tackle, but i can live with that. But his passing is easily one of the best in the prem. And although they might not be capable of playing 50 games a season like some 20yr olds, that doesnt make them any less world class when they do play.

So anyway, simple one for you.. give us 5 better premiership midfielders than scholes and giggs. Ill help you along with the best 3... 1-Gerrard, 2-Fabregas, and 3-Lampard. Tho personally id rate giggs 3rd, scholes 4th and lampard 5th.

also-rans include ballack and deco - tho neither play well without lampard in the team, and ireland, but 2 good seasons doesnt count for much really, esp when for most of that he was the best player in a crap team. Same goes for cahill.

Sorry Rick but i got bad news for u and Chelsea fans.
    Imo, Lampard is the most overrated player in the premiership. All the top 4 players u said can change a game on a sixpence on their own. While Lamps needs someone to do all the dirty work so he can get into space and score. Don't get me wrong, he can pass and shoot. But tell me, when have u seen him in the BIG 4 games. When Chelsea are struggling, he's like a little boy lost ... what's ur say !!
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:39 am

roman_reel wrote:
    wildrick wrote:as a liverpool fan you obviously havent watched all the utd matches this season and last season. I have. They've both been at the top of their game for the start of this season, and most of last season. And yes i know scholes cant tackle, but i can live with that. But his passing is easily one of the best in the prem. And although they might not be capable of playing 50 games a season like some 20yr olds, that doesnt make them any less world class when they do play.

So anyway, simple one for you.. give us 5 better premiership midfielders than scholes and giggs. Ill help you along with the best 3... 1-Gerrard, 2-Fabregas, and 3-Lampard. Tho personally id rate giggs 3rd, scholes 4th and lampard 5th.

also-rans include ballack and deco - tho neither play well without lampard in the team, and ireland, but 2 good seasons doesnt count for much really, esp when for most of that he was the best player in a crap team. Same goes for cahill.

Sorry Rick but i got bad news for u and Chelsea fans.
    Imo, Lampard is the most overrated player in the premiership. All the top 4 players u said can change a game on a sixpence on their own. While Lamps needs someone to do all the dirty work so he can get into space and score. Don't get me wrong, he can pass and shoot. But tell me, when have u seen him in the BIG 4 games. When Chelsea are struggling, he's like a little boy lost ... what's ur say !!

I agree, but that's because I'm a bitter Liverpool fan. No, on a more serious note, he may need the players around him, but who doesn't? Many great players have had the backing of their team - hence it's a team game.

I'm with Rick on the order of merit without my Liverpool blinkers on. Mine goes
    1)Gerrard
    2)Fabregas
    3)Lampard
    4)Giggs+Scholes (I think you need both to equal one player due to age, consider transfer fees, I'd want both)
    5)Cahill
    6)Deco

This is, of course, now, and the PL.

There are many other great midfielders (I for one am gutted we didn't get Barry)but they don't make the top 5.
    5)
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:45 am

As for Liverpool and all the comedy pictures floating around - I'm with Overated on this entirely. I'm not even going to bother to add to it only:

1) Liverpool were chite;
    2) Forget the beach ball, we still were chite;
    3) I like Benetiz, but do pull my hair out at times (Alex Ferguson is a far superior manager - there I said it!);
    4) I hate the owners
    5) When Gerrard and Torres leave (which they will if we don't hurry up and kick out the chit owners) we'll be playing for 5th and 6th with Everton and Villa;
    6) I am now so cinical that I'm not the typical Liverpool fan (see funny graph circulating) where I think "this is our year". Every year I know we are going to lose to chit teams and f*ck it up time and time again.

Finally, what am I supposed to do? Change aliances - never! So I have to put up with my team driving me round the faking bend. I have always been a realist fan when it comes to my team (Rick will tell you) and I still am. Yes I love it when we beat ManU etc, but equally I'm going to cry in about 5 years when Man U have more "every cups" than we do (excluding the Mickey mouse ones - annoyingly!).
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Some interesting posts here...

Lampard may not have the change-a-game-with-one-moment-of-genius capability, but he is certainly one of the best passers and all round midfielders in the prem... tho he hasn't done well this season yet.

Thought Liverpool did well first half tonight without Torres and Gerrard for most of it, but 2nd half they were poor. And WTF was Benitez doing taking off your best player on the night - Benayoun. vul at the end to lose, but didnt deserve more than a draw.

Even Carragher is looking poor at the moment, something needs to change and quick. (Tho preferably not until you've taken a beating vs utd on sunday Wink)
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Oh just for my buddy overretarded.

lol! at Rankers.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:32 am

I'm surprised there isn't more in the way of a "that's it, you're well and truly fcked this season, give up now, you'll lose 10-0 at the weekend, it's all over" feel to the forum this morning. I guess I'll have to wait until you lazy lot get out of bed.

I didn't watch the game, I have no intention of watching said game, I think Liverpool are dire at present, but what am I supposed to do? Roll on the next game - it may be a small hope (a bit like ManC all the years) but I hang on to the hope that those Liverpool players with a scrap of pride left give ManU the game they deserve.
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:50 pm

great result for cetic in champions league tonight..

oh wait!! the wankers wernt in it lol!!!
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:40 am

Overated wrote:great result for cetic in champions league tonight..

oh wait!! the wankers wernt in it lol!!!

It took you 2 days to up with that!?!? lol!

See Liverpool are smashing it up lately. hide
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:50 am

khenny wrote:
    See Liverpool are smashing it up lately. hide

You're watching different games to me then, Khenny, because quite frankly, we're sh*t at the moment. scratch
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:19 pm

We are just as dire m8. Tonight was a shocking display which makes me wonder where Mowbray is going with this team!

We played 13 home European ties under Strachan and lost 1, which was to Barcelona btw. Under Mowbray we have played 4 and lost 3!!!

Celtic Park in Europe was a place no one wanted to come. We have turned over many of European footballs leading lights there. Man Utd, AC Milan, Juventus, Porto plus many more have all floundered at our place but now Mowbray seems to be doing all the floundering himself.

He will need to sort it out and quick if he is to escape the fans wrath.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:53 pm