SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

Live WWYD

swishtony
    swishtony

SPS Chips : 116

Live WWYD Empty Live WWYD

Post  swishtony Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:22 pm

Just got home from a live game - a bit too early for my liking!

Interesting hand that I got involved in, cards may not be correct suits and chips stacks only rough guesses.... hand may have been played really badly by me, bearing in mind the BB is an awful player who I know was playing live for first time, seemed totally clueless to be honest and had been betting like this in most hands where she had hit any part of a flop.

Blinds 100/200
    Position 3 5k chips - limps
    Me on SB 6k chips - A9 - limp
    BB 4.5k chips Checks

Flop Ah Kc 2s

I check
    BB bets 200 into an 600 pot
    Position 3 folds
    I call

Turn 7d

I check, BB bets out 200 into a 1000 pot
    I call

River 9d

BB acts out of turn and insta-shoves all in for roughly another 4k into a 1.4k pot.

What do you do now???

Last edited by swishtony on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Live WWYD Empty Re: Live WWYD

Post  Overated Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm confused. Your the small blind. Think you got mixed up a bit

the action u described after the turn is what's confusing me..I assume u meantbb bet 200

Anyway preflop limp is terri bad as you should be raising here every time. The rest of your action is pretty bad aswell as u said

I would be calling his river shove everytime unless it was a huge tourney or something
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:23 pm

well at first glance, i have to make it 1k ish on the turn if i check and they bet 200 into 1000. that bet saya they are very strong or have nothing, imho. So stick it up to 1k, find out where you are. Or even bet or check raise the flop. Either way, i'd like to have found out where i was a bit sooner in the hand.

I dont mind the limp behind against weak player pre, i dont think you should be raising A9 here out of pos in the sb, but its not awful, at least you should get it heads up not 3 way.

The flop and turn play is a bit weird.

At first glance, this looks like an easy call on river. but does your oppo shove with a bluff? prob not. Do they shove a worse 2pr than yours? hard to say, but thats what youre gambling on. When really poor players overbet all in on the river then they often have something huge, perhaps 22 here?

but its a much easier fold if you bump it up on turn and they go over the top of you, now youve hit 2 pair theres a lot more hands youre beating, but i still dont like it, such a weird overshove. youve only got 800 invested, 5k back, youve got plenty to play on and just forget about it. onlne its a snap call, but live its a weird one, people dont often put their whole stack in with nothing, cos they aint got another game to go to lol

im plumping for 22 for them, fold and ask them to show it lol Wink
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:26 pm

hmmm 3rd pos, with similar stack to you, limps, u A9 sb, and u raise everytime overated m8? out of pos against ep limp? interesting... Huckle, what do you say to that?
    swishtony
    swishtony

Post  swishtony Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:27 pm

Yes OverRated, played it awful I know, very weak play but there were reasons for it. The opponent had been betting like this pretty much every hand but always folded to any re-raises. I figured I was good all the way on that hand and didn't really want them to fold.

Looking at the hand what would you put her on? On the flop and turn I was pretty confident she had just the K, on the river I felt she had probably hit her 2nd pair.
    richlizard

SPS Chips : 4

Post  richlizard Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:37 pm

OY!

"WWYD" is copyright!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:44 pm

its all ok

ours is short for

What Would Yoda Do

Live WWYD 882404
    swishtony
    swishtony

Post  swishtony Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Good shout Rick, nearly got her hand right! Pocket K's affraid

I did call the all in, dissapointed in myself as my first instinct was to fold as she defo has a set! Sat there thinking I should fold here, ermmm... call? No, I should really fold this... yeah defo fold this hand. OK, that's decided let's fold. Nah... CALL!

Really dissapointed that I called, as so often happens my 1st instinct was correct but I talked myself out of it. 'Think long think wrong' I once read, don't totally agree with it but I do know what they mean by that. Often if I think too much about a hand I can totally drift away from my original instinct and end up reading the hand totally differently. The lesson for me here has to be 'think long but always re-visit my 1st instinct'!

As you say Rick, a raise on the turn woulda probably saved me losing nearly all my chips but I honestly felt I was ahead and didn't want her to fold to a re-raise - which she had been doing all the time.
    swishtony
    swishtony

Post  swishtony Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:47 pm

lol! @ Rich

It actually meant Why Why You Donks!!

Anyway Rich.... WWYD????? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content