SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+10
bondy
Overated
Bubster
wildrick
Sarah99
CARNIVORE04
khenny
fluffb
Bainn
ruud
14 posters

First hand of $30 turbo

wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

First hand of $30 turbo - Page 2 Empty Re: First hand of $30 turbo

Post  wildrick Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:18 pm

so if you knew he had K10, you fold? yeah owned, lmfao. All i said was it was a weird reraise, and i doubted he had AA or KK, and I was certainly correct. You mentioned maths then never proved anything, and basically said you would fold. fair enough, but i dont see where you owned anything... Wink

As for playing by feel as opposed to maths... thats clearly donkaments, I'm the most mathsy person I know, except perhaps my sister.

Almost all you ever have to go on in online poker is bet sizing. i just think here it says a lot. Im not saying it says enough for me to risk all my chips, but it certainly makes me think about it.

Just out of interest, what range do you put him on, making it half his stack?

Oh and btw, I love this thread too... it was the first one ever where you talked about poker Wink
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:49 am

wildrick wrote:[...]

Oh and btw, I love this thread too... it was the first one ever where you talked about poker Wink

Now that was witty as fcuk for 4am in the morning! good job muahaha jerry good post
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:51 am

wildrick wrote:
    As for playing by feel as opposed to maths... thats clearly donkaments, I'm the most mathsy person I know, except perhaps my sister.
    Agreed!
    wildrick wrote:
    Almost all you ever have to go on in online poker is bet sizing. i just think here it says a lot. Im not saying it says enough for me to risk all my chips, but it certainly makes me think about it.
    +1! I've read this post with interest and agree that the raise is very strange. I'd never be folding this in an online tournament of this size btw, no matter what the bet size. The amount of times I say "he's got AA" and STILL call is not beyond a joke though!
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:37 am

MADV wrote:
    wildrick wrote:[...]

Now that was witty as fcuk for 4am in the morning! good job muahaha jerry good post

tyty, I'm here all night day week the time What a Face
    TheWaster
    TheWaster
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 17

First hand of $30 turbo - Page 2 Empty STOVE IT!

Post  TheWaster Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:13 am

When people make these seemingly mega raises I always (perhaps rightly or wrongly) put them on hands that they know are in the top range pre-flop, but then don't always like or know what to do with post flop.

In poker stove i'll give them things like 99 to JJ, AKo AQo, AKs AQs and KQs KQo.

Stove LOVES your QQ, but as always you could be right and still be beaten or be wrong and have to uninstal Poker Stove. king

I must admit a few times in SNGs I have shoved or mega-raised very early with AA or KK JUST because people often won't believe you have got the good, have no history or feel for your game, and also might be specifcially in a $30 turbo SNG because they don't have much time and are happy to blart their way through the game anyway.

None of that is useful is it?

Just wanted to join in I guess.

BYE!!!!!!!!

idgad
    actionjack
    actionjack
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 12

Post  actionjack Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:14 am

The re-raise is too large to normally mean a hand that is beating QQ so realistically the worst case (and most probable) scenario is that you are up against AK.

You have to assume that if you shove your opponent is not folding unless he is on an absolute bluff and also cant count very well.

It is also very dependant on your perception of the player. If you know them to be a good player (and you know they know you are a good player) then i would mostly fold.

In fact i think i would probably fold unless i had a resonable belief that the specific player in question was prone to making similar moves with sub-standard hands.

It is also important to consider the over all quality of your opponents, if you generally believe that you are one of the better players in the game (if you dont you should not be sat there) then probably flipping for your stack at level one is not optimal.

As the end game of most STT involve fold or shove the increase in your over all position by doubling up here does not, imo, justify the risk of losing a probable flip.

Added to that i am naturally a tight rock like player i like to fold.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:08 pm