SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

another wwyd

the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

another wwyd Empty another wwyd

Post  the hoooders Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:32 am

ok i cant get hand history so i talk through it!!!
    5 euro high stack
    blinds 200/400
    thehooders 10k
    on bb
    folded round to button who raises to 1200,little blind reraises up to 4500,i sat on qq on bb,
    the question is wwyd,i tell you what happend after answers Very Happy Very Happy

oh and button on 17k and sb on 16k Very Happy Very Happy
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

another wwyd Empty Re: another wwyd

Post  Bainn Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:53 am

Fold - You are behind.

However, with a little more info that could change.

Has the button pushed his position before ? How solid is SB ?
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:28 pm

What stage of MTT is this m8? How many left before bubble and is this a raising machine or has he been fairly quiet?

I think I had your table open m8 but I missed the hand getting played.

Trying to take it purely on the info you have put down is kinda tough. I think it is a tough one here as QQ is easily good enough to shove with in pretty much any situation where you are struggling in the tournament.

The problems arise when you have plenty of play left in your stack. A standard button raise is what seems to have happened but you can never be sure that this is the case. I play these all day against the button raise m8 but when the sb gets involved and he has me covered then I really need to think.

The whole issue with this wwyd revolves around stage of mtt and your relative position in it for me. If the button raiser has been fairly tight and hasn't chucked his chips around then I gotta think he is either calling or re popping the sb when it comes back to him. We are then in 3 way pot territory and that's not really where you want to be holding QQ. There are so many flop that will have QQ dead in a 3 way it probably is a fold for me. Easy to sit here and say that but totally different when sitting at table and possibly been card dead for hours and you look down and find Colin & Justin!
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:51 pm

khenny wrote:What stage of MTT is this m8? How many left before bubble and is this a raising machine or has he been fairly quiet?

I think I had your table open m8 but I missed the hand getting played.

Trying to take it purely on the info you have put down is kinda tough. I think it is a tough one here as QQ is easily good enough to shove with in pretty much any situation where you are struggling in the tournament.

The problems arise when you have plenty of play left in your stack. A standard button raise is what seems to have happened but you can never be sure that this is the case. I play these all day against the button raise m8 but when the sb gets involved and he has me covered then I really need to think.

The whole issue with this wwyd revolves around stage of mtt and your relative position in it for me. If the button raiser has been fairly tight and hasn't chucked his chips around then I gotta think he is either calling or re popping the sb when it comes back to him. We are then in 3 way pot territory and that's not really where you want to be holding QQ. There are so many flop that will have QQ dead in a 3 way it probably is a fold for me. Easy to sit here and say that but totally different when sitting at table and possibly been card dead for hours and you look down and find Colin & Justin!

That's what I said, init ?

*Shrug*
    KunkuWap
    KunkuWap
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 47

Post  KunkuWap Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Truth be told, its a 5 euro mtt !!

I don't think its EVER right to fold QQ in this spot given the fact that its a 5 euro mtt firstly. Secondly, its rarely right to fold QQ in this spot if it was a $1k MTT !!!

When folded to, most people on the button feel obliged to raise, then in turn, the blinds feel obliged to play back way too often. QQ is pretty much the nuts.

Of course, the fact that you are posting means that you got very unlucky and that someone had a better hand.

Not to worry, you did nothing wrong. QQ shove.

kunku
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

Post  the hoooders Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:28 pm

KunkuWap wrote:Truth be told, its a 5 euro mtt !!

I don't think its EVER right to fold QQ in this spot given the fact that its a 5 euro mtt firstly. Secondly, its rarely right to fold QQ in this spot if it was a $1k MTT !!!

When folded to, most people on the button feel obliged to raise, then in turn, the blinds feel obliged to play back way too often. QQ is pretty much the nuts.

Of course, the fact that you are posting means that you got very unlucky and that someone had a better hand.

Not to worry, you did nothing wrong. QQ shove.

kunku
    hi kuknk thanks for reply,i no it only a 5 euro mtt but to my roll it matters:(,to be honest they were both pretty tight and thought i had plenty play left in tornament,i no it probably the wrong play,BUT I FOLDED,went round to sb and he shoves,bb instant calls with kk and the sb flips 1010,obvs q on flop the rest history,but still i thought it was a good fold! Very Happy Very Happy
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Good strong fold imho m8. It takes just as much guts to fold a hand like that than it does to play it.

I know it's only a £5 MTT but as you say it's all relative to your roll. Winning is winning and we all like to do that. There is a phrase that is banded around about not being able to win an MTT in the 1st hour but you can lose one.

I think the same thing applies here. You can bubble or go out very close to the bubble with QQ or take your playable stack to the FT and have a chance to win it. Going out at this point is the same as going out in the 1st hour, in fact it's going to hurt more.

The game is about profit and the more times you make the money the more times you smile. I understand the argument for lumping and hoping to double through but the number one thing to do is cash. What is to prevent you lumping after making the cash and trying to double up then? The difference could be only 2 or 3 minutes play! Bubble or close to the bubble aggression is always good but I think it has to be directed at the right stacks.

If you beat the crap out of of short stacks or even recently gained stacks that you have covered then it's a whole different ball game to lumping in and getting out the prayer mat.

I'm not saying everyone needs to play passively but I think that more emphasise needs to be put on cashing in MTT's. There is a time during most MTT's when being passive is the correct play. There is also a time for aggression. I don't think this was the time for aggression and feel you played it correctly m8.

Bit of a shitter when the Q dropped though eh? lol!
    nikthebad
    nikthebad

SPS Chips : 114

Post  nikthebad Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:27 am

the hoooders wrote:
    little blind

sorry no opinion from me but love the 'little blind' Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content