SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

10e MTT Hand

hopelesglory
    hopelesglory

SPS Chips : 140

10e MTT Hand Empty 10e MTT Hand

Post  hopelesglory Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:16 am

Hi all,

I have another hand that would be interesting to discuss - it's not a hand that i went out on or made a big amount of chips on (but not sure if I made the most chips from)....however I find it is often true that the hand you go out with is less important than earlier hands, where you could have made more chips o lost less chips and hence avoided the dreaded finale "all in" moment.

So anyway here is the hand, and tournament details

• 10e MTT
    • 40 mins in
    • Not much info on table (recently changed)
    • Rest you should be able to decypher from the hand details

** Hand # 3021092246 starting - 2009-12-14 12:41:46
    ** €2,000 GUARANTEED [3244538]:Table 14 [Multi Table Hold'em] (50.00|100.00 NL - MTT) Real Money

yanto20667 sitting in seat 1 with 5315.00
    sads sitting in seat 2 with 2535.00[Dealer]
    vilamoura8 sitting in seat 3 with 4070.00
    hopelesglory sitting in seat 4 with 3255.00
    tipain sitting in seat 5 with 2470.00
    frogleg sitting in seat 6 with 6235.00
    daniwilde sitting in seat 7 with 3995.00
    MERLINMACE sitting in seat 8 with 7140.00
    kidsgotskilz sitting in seat 9 with 3240.00
    Icomad sitting in seat 10 with 6560.00
    vilamoura8 posted the small blind - 25.00
    hopelesglory posted the big blind - 50.00

** Dealing cards to hopelesglory: Ac Ad
    tipain folded
    frogleg folded
    daniwilde folded
    MERLINMACE folded
    kidsgotskilz folded
    Icomad folded
    yanto20667 raised to 150.00
    sads called - 150.00
    vilamoura8 folded
    hopelesglory raised to 500.00
    yanto20667 called - 500.00
    sads called - 500.00

** Dealing the flop: Qh 7h As
    hopelesglory bet - 750.00
    yanto20667 folded
    sads folded
    hopelesglory mucks: Ac, Ad
    hopelesglory mucks:
    hopelesglory wins 2275.00 from the main pot

Rake: 0.00

I know they are folding on the flop if I bet 90% of the time (assuming 10% they have hit trips or have an ace [unlikely as 3 of them are gone already!] or are very fishy with a flush/straight draw, e.g. KhJh, ThJh or are reckless and all out bluffing) - but should i be happy with taking the pot size as it is? as the pot is pretty big anyway (around 1600 and my stack is only 2700).

Or should I be checking here to allow my oppenants the opportunity to bluff/semi bluff (my check would surely look suspicious, unless they figured me for KK/JJ) - so if they were suspicious and checked behind me, then they might hit a flush/straight and I'd probably lose all my chips (unless the board paired): but I'm giving myself an opportunity to make a lot of chips because the pot is already quite big (and hence any bets by the oppenants would have to be relative to the pot size) - I'm also out of position for the remainder of the hand

Any comments appreciated!

On another note - Will Hill were reluctant to tell me the person's holding MrMiami for the 50 buck hand! Sad and apologies I couldn't make the forum game yesterday, well done to the winners!
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

10e MTT Hand Empty Re: 10e MTT Hand

Post  wildrick Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:10 am

Overall I like the way you've played the hand - preflop it looks like a squeeze, as its not a silly min raise, tho I think you could make it 600-700 ish.

Once you have 2 callers I'm always more tempted to bet the flop - with a lisghtly higher preflop raise you might of got only 1 caller, and in that case id definitely check the flop, although this looks a bit obvious, a lot of people will put you on KK/JJ/1010 etc.

With 2 callers I think a bet is a bit better, but have a quick think about what your oppos could have. You dont want to give them free cards to a flush or str8, but what could they be holding to make one? Its not that likely that people raise and call here with suited K10 KJ etc, so there aren't that many hands they could have to be scared of. A couple of pairs or and AK/AQ/AJ and a pair seems more likely. Perhaps KQ, but KJ and K10 are unlikely imo.

With this in mind I think you can afoord to give 2 people a free card here, and give them both a chance to catch up slightly. There's already quite a bit in the pot, so if neither has the case A or a lower set, at least one of them might have a go at stealing the pot, or perhaps improve on turn.

Not a lot wrong with what you did, but as you realised, theyre folding so oftn, and hardly likely to have str8/flush draws, that you can afford to be a bit more risky and check.

Please note however, that if this is a rebuy, the chances of them having suited connectors goes up dramatically, so I'd be much more inclined to bet out.
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:27 am

hmmm such a strong flop, its tempting to slow play a bit, but once you have reraised pre its going to be hard to get paid anyway.

Id of probably bet smaller on flop and encouraged some more action....
    actionjack
    actionjack
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 12

Post  actionjack Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:18 am

I generally like the way you have played the hand and i think you may be thinking in hidsight to question your own play and being too harsh on your self.

The re-rasie pre-flop is fine , though i may have raised a little more like Rick says.

On the flop you simply have to bet (unless you perceive one of your opponents as the type to almost certainly bet if you check to him). A small bet may induce a bluff re-raise or even a re-raise from a flush draw (which may not need much encouragement with many opponents).
    The danger with checking is that if it is checked behind and any none pairing heart and J K or T comes and you will not know for certain that you are still winning and ithat is not a good spot to be in when holding a hand you will not want to fold.

You do have to balance the above with the possibility of an opponent hitting a card on the turn that induces action from them but still leaves you winning but other than smaller pairs that hit sets most such hands will give you action to a small flop bet anyway you you are not losing them with your flop bet.
    This can also happen with inside s8 draws etdc if your flop bet is too small which is why you need to try and balance these factors with your perception of the opponents and arrive at a bet figure that you think does the job you want at the time.

Overall i think the flop bet of 750 is a nice one

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:36 am